Xtratime Community banner

who should take the PKs?

• Ricksen - Dutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vignal - good penalty under pressure against Maritimo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Ball - good for Everton from the spot

• Ferguson - should he start taking them again?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Buffel - is Belgium too close to Holland for comfort?

• Novo - only missed two in his whole career (the last two)

• Prso - should he start taking them again?

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Andrews - Thunderbolt with either the keeper and ball ending up bursting the net...or Row zz of the

• AN Other (say who)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Novo missing two in a row and Eck saying on saturday that he will be taking a break from them for a bit and with Ferguson stopping since he missed two against Dundee a couple of years ago and Prso stopped after missing against Hibs - who do you think will start taking them?

If Ricksen wasn't Dutch then i'd have said him, but otherwise...

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I'm not confident about anyone in our team taking penalties. Novo had never missed a penalty in his life and has now missed two in a row. Ferguson missed that costly one in the Czech Republic then two in one game as Dens Park. Prso missed the one at Easter Road and apparently doesn't want to take them again. It all pangs of the De Boers again.

I've went for Vignal for no other reason than he is arrogant. Maybe McLeish was right to go for Arteta, we all know what happened the last time he scored a penalty. :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was kind of strange that...he was always one of the first to hide when things were going badly, yet he had balls the size of watermelons for that penalty against Dunfermline (and probably even more high pressure given the circumstances the one against Dundee)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Arteta did seem to be cool under that type of pressure and as you said those were two high pressure kicks he slotted away.

Wonder if the mullet would be a good spot kick taker- again he's Dutch but certainly not short on confidence.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I voted Vignal before seeing who'd voted for who. Strikes the ball well, which is always a good commodity for a penatly taker. The only thing with him is if he's going to be a regular in the team. I've never been happy with Novo taking penalties. Some serious nail-biting went on before he took the kick against Celtic, but that was a great penalty. I wouldn't have any problems with Dado hitting them, but did he miss one in the shoot-out? Ricksen is good in theory, but as you say, he's Dutch :scared:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I don't think we missed any of the penalties in the Shoot-out it wass just that they missed two. I might be wrong on that. Prso scored one against Hibs but missed one in the same game- I think that has put him off.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I've just had to research that because of you...

Prso scored his. It was Shota that missed, for a change.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Ah, so he did- another one to strike off the list. Still think the Mullet may be a bit of a closet penalty taker.

I see what you mean about Vignal and I suppose the same would go for Ball too as neither is a guaranteed start- we'll have to wait until Djordjic is fit to see who Eck prefers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts