Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think should be the captain?

I think that the best choice to get concurrently if Patrick is going will be Sol Campbell. He leads the defend well and that i think he will fit into the role of a captain well.....

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Dennis Bergkamp. :star:

He was the second in line and most veteran member of the squad that respected by every other important players in Arsenal, even Henry. I think most of Gooners would agree that he showed great leadership charisma when Vieira wasn't available at the beginning of the season due to injury and his transfer negotiation with Real. He led the team to win 5-3 after losing 1-3 against Middlesborough.

Sol is actually nice choice, but he is former captain of the Spurs. It's just not right that if you choose a former captain of your rival as your own captain.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thierry Henry...because you can see in previous games that if Vieira is replaced, then Henry will receive the armband...who agree??

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zhuge Liang said:
Dennis Bergkamp. :star:

He was the second in line and most veteran member of the squad that respected by every other important players in Arsenal, even Henry. I think most of Gooners would agree that he showed great leadership charisma when Vieira wasn't available at the beginning of the season due to injury and his transfer negotiation with Real. He led the team to win 5-3 after losing 1-3 against Middlesborough.

Sol is actually nice choice, but he is former captain of the Spurs. It's just not right that if you choose a former captain of your rival as your own captain.
I like to have bergkamp too but the thing is that he may only stay for a short duration. Meaning that we might have to change captain again when he retires. That may causes instabilities to the team on whole.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'd go for Dennis Bergkamp.

Alas, as ID Peace had pointed out, we're not sure when he's leaving.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
fezbone84 said:
Thierry Henry...because you can see in previous games that if Vieira is replaced, then Henry will receive the armband...who agree??
Actually Dennis is next in line after Vieira, Henry is after Dennis. Then I think after Henry it's Pires/Freddie.

It's a hard choice to make because I'd like to see Ashley wear it, but not after this saga with the Chavsummers. It's dampened my opinion of him as an Arsenal player. Before all of this he was my first choice.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Dennis followed by Sol.

Always thought Ash would have made a good captain, considered he's raised at Highbury and know's what it's all about...
...well, that was till his little chat with Chelsea :yuck:

No, give it to Dennis (not that Paddy is leaving or anything, so pretty d*rn hypothetical... ;))

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Pasal Cygan looks a good bet to me. He will be a Gunner for Life as he looks to be the classiest one of them lot. :cool: I feel if he is given the arm-band, it will help raise his game as well. He is a leader on the pitch when it comes to making mistakes so he should be given the arm-band. A reflective arm-band will also help the side to instantly identify where Cygan is so that somebody can back him up.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Haroon said:
Pasal Cygan looks a good bet to me. He will be a Gunner for Life as he looks to be the classiest one of them lot. :cool: I feel if he is given the arm-band, it will help raise his game as well. He is a leader on the pitch when it comes to making mistakes so he should be given the arm-band. A reflective arm-band will also help the side to instantly identify where Cygan is so that somebody can back him up.
Are you bashing our little Pascal, huh? :mad:

...ehh, just go ahead :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
good call, once Cygan establishes himself in the French NT we will give him the job. :shades:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
fabregas............soon

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
where is P.V. going??

(please do not say Real?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts