Xtratime Community banner

Who should be Brasil's reserve striker?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should be Luis Fabiano's reserve at the Brasilian NT? Let me start by clarifying that according to Dunga's call-ups, Pato and Nilmar compete for Robinho's bench.

I've tried to include all realistic candidates here (which is why Afonso Alves isn't there); if I've ommitted someone you'd like to vote for, please speak out and tell us who's missing from the list before casting your vote.

So, what do YOU think? Who should be Brasil's reserve striker?

·
Administrator
29,340 Posts
Bairrista, you have 5 players that are never called and Diego Tardelli, called twice in the last 3 months dont?
I demand a place for Eder Luis as payback!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:wallbang: See, that's why I asked people to tell me when they noticed that an important name was missing; I KNEW I would forget someone. I posted without even looking at the past call-ups, all from memory, and Tardelli was absent from my memories.

But I already added Tardelli.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Tough one Garrincha (can't call you Grinch yet. :p).

I prefer Adriano right now, but I really think Grafite should get some chances first. It's even unfair to say I prefer any player over him. The guy has been amazing for over a year and he never got a chance to prove himself with the NT(He only played one game years ago in that Romario farewell game with only brazil based players).
I don't think Ronaldo should get called. A player like him can't be called to be a bench player. And since Luis Fabiano totally deserves to be the starter, Ronaldo has no chance. The media hype to make Ronaldo a starter in the wc would be insane and probably would hurt the team.

Off topic. It seems Pato will miss the wc. Wonderful talent, but can't disagree with Dunga. Every time he played for the NT, he looked terrible and almost like he did not care. Nilmar has been miles ahead of him for us and should make the squad.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ronaldo is da men, if he is not injured..

but i could admit Grafitte also...

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
LOL @ Tardelli.

The guy was aweful to say the least in the dutch league, the dutch league ffs.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
afonso alves was brilliant in the dutch league. let's give him a call.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Tough one Garrincha (can't call you Grinch yet. :p).

Off topic. It seems Pato will miss the wc. Wonderful talent, but can't disagree with Dunga. Every time he played for the NT, he looked terrible and almost like he did not care. Nilmar has been miles ahead of him for us and should make the squad.
Pato was owful yesterday in the CL game, a pity we can not have Pippo Inzaghi:party:

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Grafite, Amauri, or Washington.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I voted for Ronaldo...I think he can accept being on the bench as long as he gets some playing time...start him in the third game in the qualifying round even. I also think that the other younger players could look upto him and even the not so younger players...they will have this big presence within the squad and it may give them some encouragment? i dont know.

I was tempted to vote for Adriano at first, but unless he starts playing like the way he did in the 2004/5 season he will just be slow and uselless.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Ive been thinking about Ronaldo, and I think he'd cast too big of a shadow on the team if he was on it. He wouldnt help the young players- plus his off field distractions would be annoying.....

either way if he goes or not, I'll be happy though. Its m'boy R9! :proud:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,467 Posts
RONALDO should go and he'll win his place back in the starting line-up after the going gets tough! Fabiano has no WC experience and cannot create for himself! You need a big time player and well that's R9 Fenomeno!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RONALDO should go and he'll win his place back in the starting line-up after the going gets tough! Fabiano has no WC experience and cannot create for himself! You need a big time player and well that's R9 Fenomeno!
Dagoods chose Ronaldo?!? :dazed:

I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't voted yet because I'm undecided between Grafite - who is in great form, and form counts - and Adriano.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,467 Posts
Dagoods chose Ronaldo?!? :dazed:

I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked!
Well it was between R9 and Love :happy::happy::happy:
it wasn't an easy choice for me :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well
I was also undecided between Adriano and Grafite.
I like Grafite, a very cool player but unfortunately
despite his hattrick in CL, he doesnt seem to
be in same goal shape as last year.
To really become a contender he would have needed to continue that
so now I lean towards Adriano and
I really hope gets his act together
and work hard to get back into shape
at least he looks like he is a bit on his way.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts