Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched Brazil Vs Turkey this morning. And this Brazillian team played with lots of flare and style like always. they had a lot of criticms before the world cup but they could of hammered Turkey if it werent for the goal keeper who was excellent. I've got to say though that turks played well and also played with some style. Best game so far and the standard has been high apart from maybe England - Sweden which was more like watching non league British football 20 years ago.
Anyhow, I want Brazil to stay in the competition as long as possible jsut to see them play. R. Carlos and Cafu get more forward than any other player on the team. Juat like to add Juninho played great.
What do you guys like most about Brazil teams, whether its the skill, the passing or the excitement.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Well when their players are not rolling around on the ground after getting a ball gently kicked into their LEG then.................

I guess i was impressed with Brazil on and off the ball. On the ball their played lots of quick passing and Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Denilson (when he finally came on :rollani: ) made some lovely runs. The way they went forward against Turkey everytime they got the ball was really impressive, even if the commentator i was listening too was griping about the lack of "trickery"

I guess it was their work off the ball which was really impressive though. The way they pressed and closed Turkey down and hurried their passing was a real feature and something not usually associated with Brazilian football but which i think is necessary for teams to be successfull these days against the best teams. Not surprisingly this is something that the other hot favourites, Argentina and Italy do superbly well.

Having said that, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and even Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo (at times) were very disappointing and that bit of acting from Rivaldo still disgusts me. If it wasn't the WC in a neutral venue then he might have troubel getting safely out of the stadium :fero:

I had no complaints with the first Turkish player (Alpay) getting sent off since he was complaining and trying to win free kicks all night. However it was no penalty and how the commentator i had on the game found no problem is obviously blind. Anyway i guess that is not for this subject

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Unfortunately the bad refereeing is hanging over what was a good game by both sides. Rivaldo is a disgrace and I hope he looks at it on video and feels as stupid as he looked. Kinda reminds me of when Blanc got sent off in the last WC for pushing a defender from Croatia, the one that looks like Frankenstein who fell holding his face as if he had been shot.

Talking of ugly players that Ronaldinho must be in the top ten at this WC.

As for Brazil playing with flare and style, I bet they also play like that when they lose. They will qualify of course, win it Im not convinced. Turkey played really well, apart from overdoing the grass kissing at times they should qualify and will cause most teams problems.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
What i have to say is that i was with the mouth open when Ronaldo and Denilson did some magic dribbles....

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I think Brazil played very well and with lots of skill, but the best detail in the match was made by Ilhan from Turkey, when he flicked the ball over Roberto Carlos.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Hoseman said:
Unfortunately the bad refereeing is hanging over what was a good game by both sides. Rivaldo is a disgrace and I hope he looks at it on video and feels as stupid as he looked. Kinda reminds me of when Blanc got sent off in the last WC for pushing a defender from Croatia, the one that looks like Frankenstein who fell holding his face as if he had been shot.

Definitely right. IMO FIFA should turn back the red card of Hakan Unsal and give a yellow to Rivaldo. Come on! A player like Rivaldo does not need this kind of actions. Rivaldo: SHAME ON YOU :mad:

·
Registered
461 Posts
brasil played great...the yshowed they are still a great team..denilson ran wild on turkey in the last 20 minutes...they couldn't stop him...i think brasil will take their win and look to better things in the rest of the tournament

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Brazil did well, attacking a lot, getting some nice moves from Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Denilson, but Hasan had some nice dribbling moves and I liked the flick by Ilhan, who did nothing else:D

Great game until the last 5 minutes:groan:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well what can I say, when FIFA helps you, when you have the right to dive, fake penalties, sure, you can always win. I wonder what the world's reaction is going to be after Rivaldo admitted,stupidly as always, off course, that he exaggerated the foul in order to have the turkish player expelled. That's called cheating and here we go again, now other teams, including mine, are going to be considering this option because we are not stupid, we are not going let other teams get by us cheating without us doing the very thing on them.This is what starts the problem always, I wish they can find a referee that will not help Brazil next time and see how they really do.Good luck finding that.:scream:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
maybe i'm in a minority of 1 but i think Hakan Unsals red card (or rather his second yellow) was deserved - although Rivaldo should also get a yellow for the acting

He should never have booted the ball at him - it was such a stupid thing to do in the last minute. You just cant get away with that sort of thing these days (a Swedish player yesterday got a yellow just for throwing the ball against the GROUND!)

but Rivaldo's reaction was way over the top and deserving of a yellow itself

·
Registered
461 Posts
He should never have booted the ball at him - it was such a stupid thing to do in the last minute. You just cant get away with that sort of thing these days
i agree completely...and i glad someone else realizes this too...you can't just kick a ball at someone and get away with it...and yes rivaldo over re-acted but still...come on!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Who said, Brazil were not Fifa's darlings anymore..?...damn it...

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Brazil have never lost their style. Brazil still have the attractive offensive football especially with Juninho Paulista & Ronaldinho instead of two DMC's. Gilberto Silva has proven me right that he is able to take care of the defensive midfeilder's job.

Just wait untill the second round, we'll make everyone's mouth drop because of our great football.... ;)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
maybe i'm in a minority of 1 but i think Hakan Unsals red card (or rather his second yellow) was deserved - although Rivaldo should also get a yellow for the acting.
You are perfectly right. When looking at the football rules it is not the implicit action that the referee should act against but the INTENTION which was kicking the ball at Rivaldo and so the second yellow card was according to rules. Apart from that, Rivaldos playacting is no excuse. It is destructable of the game and I hope FIFA comes down hard on him.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
zEPPELIN,
Just wait till we get you guys...... Havelange will just tell big old Sepp: "Oi, I helped France win it in 98, now it my turn to win it now...and make a move to expell those dirty buggers out of the cup".

Then we see all of Argentina crying......and i'll just sing: "Don't cry for me Argentina":eek: :tongue: :tongue: :D :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Correction: That's if they get far enough to even get to play a great team like us in maybe the semi-finals because if France ends up second in there group then it's Goodbye, Argentina! :D

That's the Brazillian spirit for you, Ze.. ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
zEPPELIN,
Just wait till we get you guys...... Havelange will just tell big old Sepp: "Oi, I helped France win it in 98, now it my turn to win it now...and make a move to expell those dirty buggers out of the cup".

Then we see all of Argentina crying......and i'll just sing: "Don't cry for me Argentina":eek: :tongue: :tongue: :D :D
Ze da fiel...Havelange already helped you guys back in 19994, when he expelled Diego out of the WC, otherwise we would have won that Cup..

Got tosay, you didn't impress me in your furst match, and qwith the help of amateur referees , you can get far, that is, until you meeet us in the semis...

For some reason, we have had problems with brazil in Bielsa's era, but, we are so motivated, that i think thuis can be our WC, maybe only you can stop us i don't know, but, please try to win your matches fair and square...

p.s. Rivaldo should be put in a cage, after what he did....total disgrace...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Patrick said:
Correction: That's if they get far enough to even get to play a great team like us in maybe the semi-finals because if France ends up second in there group then it's Goodbye, Argentina! :D

That's the Brazillian spirit for you, Ze.. ;)

Listen, Ronaldinho lover:

Have you seen France play?, yeah they can easily beat teams like Brazil(they always do), but i don't think that we would automatically lose to them, and i wouldn't be so confident in your chances of getting far, unless referees help you in every match, which, knowing Fifa's affair with Brazil, could happen.-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts