Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Hicke, much to the delight of many austrians, retiring as head coach for the nationalteam the question of who his replacement will be leaves many possible answers. I think Hicke has left a good fundament to build on for whoever takes over the reign, and personally I would see Herzog be given the chance to prove himself after serving as Hickersbergers understudy for the last two years. Other candidates I would like to see figure on ÖFBs shortlist is Jara, Constantini, Schachner and Krauss. Peter Pacult and Helmut Kraft would`ve been good names as well but I cant see them leave Rapid Wien and FC Magna Wiener Neustadt respectively at this point.

Anyone else that should be in for the reckoning?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i think it'll be herzog.
he's cheap, he's austrian and he won't try(dare) to turn the whole rotting core of öfb upside down.

worst choice:
jara.
i hate this moron!

best choice:
ANYONE from abroad.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I agree, it has to be some foreigner. However, I fear ÖFB's candidates from abroad aren't what I have in mind as well...

Btw: Bundesliga starts already today! Much too early, imo...

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, it has to be some foreigner. However, I fear ÖFB's candidates from abroad aren't what I have in mind as well...

Btw: Bundesliga starts already today! Much too early, imo...
Whats the reason for such an early start? I`ve noticed its been like that for some years now but has yeat to find any explanation on why. Its way to early imo. Not only on a general basis but even more so considering the Euro has just ended.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Can't believe Austria got Bruckner, I was convinced that he's retiring at 68. Czech NT tried to convince him to stay but he said he made up his mind and now this....

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't believe Austria got Bruckner, I was convinced that he's retiring at 68. Czech NT tried to convince him to stay but he said he made up his mind and now this....
The combination of a new challenge and a heavy salary probably did the trick. The up and coming austrians could really be well off under the guidance of a shrewd old coach like Bruckner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts