Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
No clear winner here. Both were superb in areas they are responsible for. So I thank cules again for letting Fab go ;)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Well for me it wasn't spectacular Messi's perfomance in strict sense, it was great taking in account how the match was played, the pitch, the too much cautious behaviour of both teams, and him playing "out of script" like nothing.

Was HIS PERSONALITY what made it a GREAT performance, and the sensation of that he can even do way better under other conditions of the pitch for instance and a better overall game of his mates: Etoo, RG and Deco; Barca not playing their best offensive game, a great TACTICAL one, was superior, imagine if they release of pression now in second tie? well that might be the AWESOME performance by Messi.

Anyway to add spice? Messi already toyed with Real (sorry Lili, Pheno!!); toyed with Juve [on a friendly OF course], and just hoping Barca don't have any agenda of playing Boca in the near future, I can imagine the kid making crosses on posters of every big team in the world..

PD: BTW is not time for Barca to go mad to destroy them, because it is what Jose wants, better control the ball, and wait in your zone, to launch Etoo, RG and Messi in full throtle with space.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
To be completely honest while Cesc was impressive considering his age, dominating Madrids midfield is not that big of a deal anyomore. Even at the Bernabeu.

Messi on the other hand was toying with the so called best defence in the world and this on a potatoe field.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Though being Arsenal fan myself, I'd say Messi.

Messi is probably the first player to ever successfully penetrate Chelsea's defense by solo effort this season. Maybe Barça has more quality in central midfield to play possesion game than Chelsea, however it was Messi who showed the team where the leak is.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't you consider that Messi was playing against a 10 man team? One man down effects the whole system of the defence.

well?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Well he did pretty well before the red card wouldn't you say. :rolleyes:

After all he WAS the reason Chelsea played with ten men.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
messi by a mile...and messi wasnt the reason chelsea played with 10men, the fact that chelsea tried to kick him off the field is wot led to it....

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
messi by a mile...and messi wasnt the reason chelsea played with 10men, the fact that chelsea tried to kick him off the field is wot led to it....
I think you know what I meant.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fabregas exelent game from him and it is much more difficult to play in the centre of the field you have to be very good and mature not like in the wings but a great game from messi to

1 - 20 of 35 Posts