Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean it literally, as many of us only support one team in Spain. But I mean, is there another team you have a soft spot for? Like, enjoy watching them and keeping up with their results?

I support Madrid but I do have a soft spot for Sevilla.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i support athletic bilbao,it's my 2nd team!!
i like their traditions and the fact that they play with only basque players!! :thmbup:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Alicante CF, they're in Segunda Division B (and we're the leaders!!!!!!!!). Why? Well, I live in Alicante since long ago and this club always got my sympathies, fighting in Tercera and Regional sometimes. The big club of the city is Hercules CF, a historical club that has been 20 seasons in Primera, although their glorious day are gone, especially because they're in a deep economical crisis. I never imagined to see them in the same cathegory and, look, they're now in Segunda B (in the same group of Barcelona B, BTW) and Alicante is the 1st!

The last derby:
Hercules 0-1 Alicante :D

Here are the stands of the III group of Segunda B:

1 Alicante - 39 :star:
2 Peralta - 31
3 Villajoyosa - 30
4 Barcelona B - 30
-----------------
5 Zaragoza B - 29
6 Badalona - 29
7 Hercules - 27 :thmbdown:
8 Espanyol B - 25
9 Castellon - 25
10 Levante B - 23
11 Alcoyano - 23
12 Girona - 22
13 Figueres - 22
14 Gramenet - 21 (yes, the ones that eliminated Barça and Levante in Copa)
15 Huesca - 21
-------------------
16 Osasuna B - 21
-------------------
17 Benidorm - 21
18 Sabadell - 18
19 Novelda - 17
20 Peña Sport - 16

http://www.alicantecf.net/

The stadium: Rico Perez (29584 seats)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Zaragoza. I like some of their players, like Alvaro who already played for my brazilian team, Milito and Galletti.

·
Registered
59,183 Posts
Betis or Atletico Madrid.

Espanyol remain my no 1 team in Spain by a landslide though :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Koeman4 said:
Alicante CF, they're in Segunda Division B (and we're the leaders!!!!!!!!). Why? Well, I live in Alicante since long ago and this club always got my sympathies, fighting in Tercera and Regional sometimes. The big club of the city is Hercules CF, a historical club that has been 20 seasons in Primera, although their glorious day are gone, especially because they're in a deep economical crisis. I never imagined to see them in the same cathegory and, look, they're now in Segunda B (in the same group of Barcelona B, BTW) and Alicante is the 1st!

The last derby:
Hercules 0-1 Alicante :D

Here are the stands of the III group of Segunda B:

1 Alicante - 39 :star:
2 Peralta - 31
3 Villajoyosa - 30
4 Barcelona B - 30
-----------------
5 Zaragoza B - 29
6 Badalona - 29
7 Hercules - 27 :thmbdown:
8 Espanyol B - 25
9 Castellon - 25
10 Levante B - 23
11 Alcoyano - 23
12 Girona - 22
13 Figueres - 22
14 Gramenet - 21 (yes, the ones that eliminated Barça and Levante in Copa)
15 Huesca - 21
-------------------
16 Osasuna B - 21
-------------------
17 Benidorm - 21
18 Sabadell - 18
19 Novelda - 17
20 Peña Sport - 16

http://www.alicantecf.net/

The stadium: Rico Perez (29584 seats)

:thmbup: Thanks for that little insight. Hercules do sound legendary, in more ways than football! :D

How many rounds are left in that division and do you think Alicante can win it?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
fc barcelona said:
i support athletic bilbao,it's my 2nd team!!
i like their traditions and the fact that they play with only basque players!! :thmbup:
Me also.

·
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
:thmbup: Thanks for that little insight. Hercules do sound legendary, in more ways than football! :D

How many rounds are left in that division and do you think Alicante can win it?
Like in Primera, 20 rounds. The problem of this division is not winning or not. Being first doesn't assure the promotion to Primera. They have to be among in the top 4, then in the month of June, they have to play a short league with other 3 teams.

There are 4 groups in Segunda Division B, the top 4 of each group advances to the following stage, which is a short league of 4 groups with 4 teams in each group. The first of each group is the one that promotes to Segunda Division A.

This system is pathetic and very hard. I don't like it, but I guess that they do because the level of the groups are different. Normally, the Groups III and IV (East and South) are harder than the Groups I and II. The problem is that you play the whole season in one month. A couple of years ago, there was a curious case in the Group III. Castellon, which has been in Primera several times too, was unbeaten the whole season. 38 matches without losing a single match, they were 1st with a huge difference... but then in the play-off, they failed and look at them, still there.

This regional division makes me sick in Copa too. Barcelona has to play with the teams of Segunda B of the Group III which is harder than the group of Madrid for example. It might seem silly, but Madrid doesn't have to face teams like Girona, Hercules or Alicante. They always play against Sanse, which would be in Tercera, if they were a team of the East or South of Spain... but well, it's this way.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have symphaties for the Basque teams and for Atlético de Madrid, but I couldn't say the reason... maybe because I like their stadiums. Yes, I think that's it :D

From lower categories, I like Cultural Leonesa too (city of León), because I had a friend from there and he was crazy about that team.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
ive got a soft spot for Zaragoza and Valencia.

·
40,147 Posts
Setzer said:
Madrid supporter and you like Valencia... weird... you're obviously not from Spain ;)
Actually it was not that strange few years ago... all this hatred towards Madrid appeared when Mijatovic went there. It also increased later when Valencia began to be an option for the title.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Actually it was not that strange few years ago... all this hatred towards Madrid appeared when Mijatovic went there. It also increased later when Valencia began to be an option for the title.
I know, and since then the hatred has grown in both sides... specially after the 6-0 in Copa, or Marchena's penalty kick last season. Also, Barcelona wasn't a rival for Real Madrid these last years so they had to focus in another team. :rolleyes:

·
40,147 Posts
Setzer said:
I know, and since then the hatred has grown in both sides... specially after the 6-0 in Copa, or Marchena's penalty kick last season. Also, Barcelona wasn't a rival for Real Madrid these last years so they had to focus in another team. :rolleyes:
It's not the same... Valencia's historical rival is Barça more than Madrid, as far as I know. The fact that Barça wasn't able to compete with Madrid in the last 5 years doesn't mean that they're not historical rivals. My point is that the current Madrid-Valencia rivalry is very recent.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts