Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favs are the "evergreen" Toninho Cerezo (now coach of Kashima Antlers) with his ambling gait, Beppe Dossena and little Fausto Salsano.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If I remeber , in the gebinning of the 90ths . La samp Was very very googd team , and Lombardo , Manchinnie those were players of world class. I remember them in the great Samp periode.

Lets hope it comes back

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Roberto Mancini :star: :strong: :proud:

I always liked the "wall"...Pagluica... too! :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Pietro Vierchowood and Moreno Mannini, dizzamn did these guys play for ever or what ?

I was almost certain that when Vierchowood would eventually leave Sampdoria he would retire. But he actually ended up winning the CL with Juve after he left Samp.

After that he ended up at Milan, the Baresi-Vierchowood combination in the central deffence was needless to say not as succesful as it had been on occasions on the national team a few years earlier. bwahaha, but it was funny though. Together they were over 70. Now that has to be the oldest central deffence partnership ever in Serie A.

And then he just kept on playing for smaller sides until he had to retire recently because of an injury. Its a shame he never got to beat Zoffs Serie A record.

Mannini stayed at Sampdoria a bit longer, but when he eventually did leave the team he left one hell of an emptyness behind him.

The last I heard of Mannini was that he went to play for his old team mate David Platt at Nottingham Forest.

These two guys were the Ricardo Ferri and Giuseppe Bergomi of Sampdoria.

Also offcourse already mentioned players like Mancini, Pagliuca and Lomabardo were great, not to be forgetting Macini old attack partner, one ( eventually bald ) guy named Vialli. Who definitley spent his best years at Sampdoria, Too bad he didnt do better at Italia 90, or else Viallis name would have been mentioned with the likes of Van Basten.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
One must not forget Montella and Chiesa neither.
They were the prime example of what genius Mancini was.
I am sure if you ask these players who they regard as their best attack partner, Mancini would be the answer.

btw, didnt Mancini once threaten to kill the ref ? and he said that anyone who was a real Smap fan should join him in his mission, bwahaha, but I guess, everyone knew what maniac Mancini was back then.

Also Alain Bhogosain had his best period as a player at Sampdoria.

btw didnt Boskov return to Sampdoria in 97/98 ? When they actually had the great Beppe Signori at their disposal, too bad Beppe was going through the worse period of his career at the moment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ROBERTO MANCINI, with no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to remember how many great players have played in sampdoria makes me cry!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts