Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, below is the entire Liverpool Senior squad, who do you think will be moving on after this season? Houllier is sure to trim some of his fringe players down to make way for some more talent.

Westerveld
Henchoz
Song
Staunton
Babb
Smicer
Heskey
Fowler
Owen
Redknapp
Hyypia
Heggem
Berger
Hamann
Meijer
Friedel
Bjornebye
Matteo
Camara
Carragher
Murphy
Thompson
Nielsen
Gudnason
Gerrard
Wright
Traore
Kippe
Newby
Maxwell

For me I'd be selling the following players, they are either not good enough or are past their prime and need to make way for better and younger players

Staunton - Too old, lack of pace, and always needs too many touches before putting in a cross.

Babb - No need to explain this one I think! :)

Friedel - Work permit set to expire, not good enough for LFC

Bjornebye - Good crosser of the ball, but too slow for a full back, seems to be surplas to Houlliers requirement

Murphy - A good squad player, but too inconsistent to be a regualr in the Liverpool team.

Nielsen - Never really had a shot at the first team, looks to be going back to Denmark.

Gudnason - Again, no first team chance, seems to be behind Newby in the ranks, and no chance of First team football.

The following are players that I'm not too sure if they will be at Liverpool next season.

Fowler - Just have a funny feeling that he will move on in the summer to finance a major deal. I hope I am wrong!

Thompson - Good will to win, but not sure he has enough about his game to challenge Smicer (once fit).

Meijer - Can not fault this guys commitment, but no goals in the premiership is very poor, even Jason Lee managed a few!

Song - Seems to have fallen out of favour with Houllier.

B

·
0 Posts
to go

Staunton
Babb
Meijer
Friedel
Bjornebye
Nielsen
Gudnason

Maybes

Song
Matteo
Camara
Kippe
Newby
Smicer

In

Babbel
Lizarazu/Sergi
Peggy from Leicester

·
Registered
441 Posts
Staunton
Babb
Friedel
Bjornebye
Gudnason (has already gone hasn't he?)

Possibly: Song, (Camara or Meijer).

X

·
0 Posts
staunton-too old..GH wants to cut down the wage bill ..hasn't been able to secure a 1st team spot..

babb- free..unconvincing..

friedel- free..GH will want to cut down the wage bill..rumoured to earn 10-20k wkly!!!
is trying to get EU-passport cos of his german ancestry i think...if he gets it..maybe he will stay,..
has impressed in his last reserves games/!

bjornebye- out!to brann!?too old and slow..

nielsen- old and not gd enough..

gudnason-unable to secure a spot even in reserves....is already loaned out

wright- loaned out to crewe..and has impressed there..and crewe wants to keep him permanently...
with hyypia, henchoz, traore, carragher all ahead of him...no chance of braking through!

song- out of favour...bust-up with GH!????

fowler-bust-up with GH!????
big money bid will convince Gh to sell him!!
i really have the impression he will move on!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope we are both Wrong about Fowler xax! :(

I got that same nagging feeling that he'll be gone by the start of the season.
Next question is if Fowler does go, who is going to replace him? Hasslebank?

S

·
0 Posts
I hpe it's hasselbaink....but with heskey, leaning more towards a midfielder or left back.....

S

·
0 Posts
I hope it's hasselbaink....but with heskey, leaning more towards a midfielder or left back.....

C

·
0 Posts
Xax my friend you are too nice in your comments about Babb the word you where looking for was not unconvincing but
absolute sh_ite or complete Gick . :)

S

·
0 Posts
Poor Phil Babb. From one of the star players at the '94 world cup to...this. 'Complete Gick' as Conman puts it - though i'm not sure what this means. He's just never been the same since he smashed his left testicle against the post a few seasons back. Well, thats what Mrs KeBabb told me anyway... ;)

X

·
0 Posts
conman- yeah i admit u're 101% right!!!

i saw babb play in 94..and i always thought he was great..almost nobody could get past him at that time..although his passing wasn't very gd....
but now i feel any one of us could!!!! :) :) :)

humm fowler just denied again that there was a bust-up with him and GH..... but honestly i don;t really believe it..

hasselbaink- lazio just bidded 16M for him!
so just forget him!

if fowler was to go..i;d like Gh to replace him with somebody having rebrov's playing style!!maybe hakan sukur!???

A

·
0 Posts
i don't believe fowler should go...
if liverpool doooo sell him..then we'd be really lackin goals...
the whole season we've been lacking a goal poacher like fowler...and i don't reaally mind if he doeesn't go to euro2000...that way he'd be fit for us...if he doesn't leave..
i have a bad feelin that redknapp may go though...houllier just said that he'd probably be usin 2 defensive minded central mids...so...dunno..gotta a bad feelin...

as for babb...since he cracked his nuts on the goal posts...he hasn't regained the form..kinda like a david james i reckon..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts