• None of the above, everything is going to (the 5 year) plan

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 97 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have our views on why our club is un such a bad state(playing wise) at the moment, some say it's the players fault for underperforming, some say it's down to the board for one reason or another, and others say it's Houllier's fault for his poor team selections, poor signings, poor tactics and his love of boring defensive football.

You all know my views, so vote on the poll and give your views.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Houllier is,he's basically just a defensive coach,you would have been better off bringing in Don Howe.

if you watch the way Liverpool attack,it is all very frantic,they don't move well and have to rely on a bit of individuality,i don't know what they do all week on the training pitch.

he has made most of his young prospects worse and not better,even a sublime talent like Kewell seems to be going downhill.

anyway i could slate him all day but i haven't got the time at the moment.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you have the time, come back and slate him a bit more!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one thing, when people vote, could they at least say what they voted and why?? it's very cowardly of CardiffRed to vote for the fourth option and then sneak off. Explain to us all how things are going exactly to plan Cardiff.

I voted Houllier, I'll explain why later.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Hasn't it been 5 years yet... or is this the old communist plans we talk about?

GH don't have what it takes. His game plan is the one we saw that was fairly succesful, the heavy defensive one that relied upon Owen scoring on counterattack. When he tries something different it shows that he can't handle it. (I am not to bore you with examples of other managers that failed as soon as they left their prefered formula ;)) It's like Jern said, what do they do in training? It surerly can't be training on combinations and how to make offensive runs.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Very good Doc except for the fact that I haven't actually voted yet and am waiting for the final (and accurate) option, of a combination of them all.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blame falls at the feet of one man in this case. The only fault that can be atributed to the board is having appointed Houllier in the first place.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I voted for Houllier, vastly overrated coach.

The "five-year-plan" was the biggest scheme to avoid getting fired that I've ever seen. :D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
So Houllier is solely to blame....and the board?

So it's not

Houllier - for mistakes made

and

Players - for not performing

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
There's no doubt that some players haven't performed to expectations.

But come on.

Dudek, Henchoz, Hyypia, Gerrard, Hamann, Kewell, Owen.

I don't care who you are or where you play, that's the spine of a championship winning squad in my book. And guys like Baros, Carragher, Kirkland, Riise, Finnan, Smicer, Murphy, Le Tallec and Pongolle make up an excellent supporting cast. With a handful of good signings, Liverpool would easily look like regular CL contenders.

Given the players at his disposal, the money he's spent, and the time he's had, Houllier should have at least 1 championship on board by now, not to mention other successes. What's he had, 6, 7 years?

Hell no.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
The players that he bought, the players that he is meant to motivate, the players that he tells to play long ball etc etc The Buck stops with Houllier with his shite signings, his excuses, his poor football, his idiotic and embaressing statements, his appaling man management, his training techniques(I wouldnt be suprised if theres Rugby posts at Melwood), his ego and the way he manipulates things to make him look like a hero.Also the board for 1 appointing him and 2 not sending him packing yet.

Garrincha, Houllier isnt rated by anyone outside of a minority of impared Liverpool fans.Universally despised is more fitting than overated.

I will say right now that i think Houllier will be managing Liverpool next season even if we miss out on CL.And that honestly makes me sick.It's got to a point where even rival fans are sad to see a club like Liverpool this way and want him out.The day he goes will be one of the best days of my entire life.And i sincerely hope he goes with his head in shame and it will be the final straw as he will be Europes most laughed at manager if he isnt already.All opposition fans see is a fat, bog-eyed clown standing there.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O'Neill is average, not good enough for this club.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
O'Neill is average
Denoueix and Mourinho on the other hand are gods among men!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
tactician maybe

but motivater
he is one of the best
im sure he will get 100% out of every player in training and in games

liverpool are underachieving
martin o'niell is one of the best motivaters in the game

whats the point having the best tactics
when your players aren't giving 100% and don't have belive in the gaffer

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The board for the following reasons:

1) They didn't give Roy Evans money to succeed

2) They hired Houlier and should have sacked him when he failed to win the league the season after they won the treble

3) They failed to fire Houlier the season when he spent a lot of money and still managed no success

4) They failed to fire him at the start of the season

5) They failed to fire him after the loss at home to Southampton

6) They failed to fire him yesterday :D

7) The chairman of the board said he would quit if success didn't come...obviously his idea of success is avoiding relegation

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
The chairman only said that last month.Your blaming th eboard for Houlliers failings, no doubt it was a mistake appointing him and for not getting rid of him yet but again.There Houlliers failings and apparently he is a bit of a charmer.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
1) They didn't give Roy Evans money to succeed
You're right, he was given so little money that he was able to spend

A then british record on Collymore
A then (I think) record on Phil Babb
3.5 million on Scales
1.5 million on a teenager in Mark Kennedy

Oh, did I mention that was over the span of 1 season. 17.1 million pound between the 1st of september 94 and the 1 July 95.

He also went on to spend 18 million over the course of 2 seasons.

Not bad for someone with no financial backing.

:rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Both Evans and Houllier while they have their weaknesses and hadproduced expensive flops, Houllier's team has the added disadvantage of being just damn awful to watch (on a long term basis)

Given a choice between coming in 3-4 and playing good football and coming in 4-6 and sending me to sleep.

While neither are ideal choices, I know which one over the two I prefer.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts