Xtratime Community banner

Who/What is to blame for all our injury problems?


  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To be frank, our injury situation is ridiculous. Sport says that Ronaldinho could be doubtful for the game against Albacete with an ankle problem, and so, our injury list gets longer and longer :wallbang:

But who do you think is responsible for this? The medical staff? The Camp Nou pitch? Or is it simply just plain bad luck?

It'll be interesting to see what you guys think.

By listening what the players think of the medical staff (eg. Giuly), they sound like they aren't very good at their job, and it's hurting us in a serious way. Maybe we should invest in some decent medical staff, because it looks like the injuries are not going to stop any time soon :wallbang: That's what AC Milan (with MilanLab) have done and they are reaping the rewards.

I've added a poll to this thread. Feel free to ask if you want any other options added in the poll in case I've forgotten.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
all these factors are responsible of these injuries!!
all the casulaties were injured in the nou camp,our medical staff is not reliable at all(they showed their incompetence many times) and bad luck also play a part in all this!!
it's hard to choose!! :undecide:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
I voted for the Medical Staff. They misdiagnosed Jorquera, which is a big mistake, and none of the players have faith in them, and opt to do their operations elsewhere.
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
fc barcelona said:
all these factors are responsible of these injuries!!
all the casulaties were injured in the nou camp,our medical staff is not reliable at all(they showed their incompetence many times) and bad luck also play a part in all this!!
it's hard to choose!! :undecide:
I agree all these are responsible, but the medical staff seems somewhat incompetent and I think that has a lot to do with things.
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
10,905 Posts
Well I think the new pitch laid out at the Nou Camp is reponsible. No coincidence all injuries were at home and all knee injuries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
They did a meeting with other prestigious doctors where one of them shown his theory. The conclussions were that the medic staff had nothing to do and each one was because of different reasons. Besides, we've had the same medic staff.. how many time? and this has not happened before. All the teams in Segunda division have less and worse medic staff and a worse pitch.

Falastini said:
I voted for the Medical Staff. They misdiagnosed Jorquera, which is a big mistake, and none of the players have faith in them, and opt to do their operations elsewhere.
That's not true. I don't think they misdiagnostic Jorquera. The easy operations have been made by them. The players have opted for other doctors only when the injury has been serious and his career depended of that operation, then they preferred a specialist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
ronnie#10 said:
Well I think the new pitch laid out at the Nou Camp is reponsible. No coincidence all injuries were at home and all knee injuries.
Exactly what I think as well.

The fact ALL the injuries happened at Camp Nou tells the story here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
I blame society!

That, and Marilyn Manson's hateful lyrics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
Who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
I blame medical staff. Few years ago was some problems with injuries and we discuss it here and mentioned how bad medical staff is.
Bad luck - yeah right! Don't believe in bad pitch either.

For me is medical staff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
Dream Team said:
They did a meeting with other prestigious doctors where one of them shown his theory. The conclussions were that the medic staff had nothing to do and each one was because of different reasons. Besides, we've had the same medic staff.. how many time? and this has not happened before. All the teams in Segunda division have less and worse medic staff and a worse pitch.

That's not true. I don't think they misdiagnostic Jorquera. The easy operations have been made by them. The players have opted for other doctors only when the injury has been serious and his career depended of that operation, then they preferred a specialist.
Regarding Jorquera's comment. It is true, he was misdiagnosed at first, and there was an article about that a long time ago on SPORT. Moreover, remember when they gave Giuly clearance to play for france, and then the french doctors found out that he has a slight injury.

Although we can't just bluntly blame the doctors for the injuries, nobody is here to blame. But we can point a finger at the medical staff and tell them that they are not doing their jobs correctly.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Valdes said:
Exactly what I think as well.

The fact ALL the injuries happened at Camp Nou tells the story here!
Belletti's current KNEE injury happened in Donetsk.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
I suggest Barcelona get some better doctors, for example that doctor from America, who is in Colorado, alot of the knee injured players from Barcelona went there!
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top