Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until now all the talk has been about Ruud or that Arsenal fella Henry.

My views is Henry is a class act who's main assets are his technical abilities and his speed.

Ruud is a natural goal scoring machine, his main assets are his strength, hold up play and simply scoring goals.

I really believe that over the next few months we will see Saha being spoken about in the same light. I watched him against us this season and thought just how good he was. Thankfully so did Sir Alex and now he is a Red.

Arsenal without Henry is like a Tiger without teeth.

Man Utd can afford to be without Ruud now they have Saha.

What are your views.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
arsenal can do without henry 4-1 against boro
but the question is can united do without that fella rvn?
And top striker without a doubt is henry .. who has 2 goals in epl more than rvn , and 3 goals more in the season

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I would say both of them are worldclass and almost equally good!!!
And Henry is as important for Arsenal as Van the Man is for United. Both clubs would sorely miss their top man when he cant play. No one can really replace them. For one or two games it might go without Thierry or Ruud, but if they would be out longer the clubs would get into trouble.

D

·
0 Posts
Henry is a far better allround player than RVN, but Ruud is a better finisher. Both are hugely important to their teams. Neither can afford to do without.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Henry is our main man but this myth that we'd crumble without him is complete rubbish.

my favourite stat,barring the Carling Cup, in the last 20 games we played without Henry we lost 1 game :eek: that was an away tie in Schalke when we had already qualified for the next stage and we fielded a reserve team.

we won twice at OT in these games :tongue:

about Saha ,he has still it all to prove,if he can develop he has the tools to be great but he is not in the RvN ,Henry class quite yet,he hasn't been helped by injuries though.

he is really a kinda late bloomer,how old is he now?

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

he is really a kinda late bloomer,how old is he now?
around 24 - 26, i think. Which is why i was suprised when we bought him for as much as we did.

Henry's all round game is excellent much better than Ruuds but he makes up for that with his strength,determination and accuracy infront of goal. You can't seperate the two, they are both equally as good as each other and in my opinion the two best Strikers in the world.

D

·
0 Posts
Russell said:

Henry's all round game is excellent much better than Ruuds but he makes up for that with his strength,determination and accuracy infront of goal. You can't seperate the two, they are both equally as good as each other and in my opinion the two best Strikers in the world.
well put. although on this season's form, i think Henry is superior. He seems to have stepped up a level whereas Ruud seems to have struggled to maintain his previous level(hardly suprising, 44 goals in one season is AMAZING!)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Forget saying who is the better out of the two and just take a moment to ponder how potent they would be if they ever played together - Henry's pace and skill with RVN's ability as a target man.

It would be unstoppable !!!!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You can't really compare the two. Both amazing, but completely different.

I suppose you could maybe say that Theirry Henry is the better footballer and Ruud is the better striker......

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Pav said:
Forget saying who is the better out of the two and just take a moment to ponder how potent they would be if they ever played together - Henry's pace and skill with RVN's ability as a target man.

It would be unstoppable !!!!!
exactly!!

and its not whether or not they cant play without henry or RVN, its whether they can play without them against quality opposition. Its one thing missing henry against a low team like Wolves and its another missing henry against a team like chelsea or united for that matter.

Clearly, henry and RVN are the most important players at their club.

as for Saha...wait until the end of the season to decide how good he is. often players start with a bang and then dissapear once they are put in the limelight.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Henry is a little bit better. He does more things on the field.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Both are world-class.Any team in the world would love to have them and would not hesitate for a second to break the bank for them.

Henry's a more complete footballer than Ruud with his link-up play being one of his major strengths.His pace and movement off the ball make him so difficult to mark.Ruud on the other hand is a better finisher than the Frenchman.He will end up with more goals at the end of the season because thats the only thing he knows.....scoring goals!!

Gimme a team with these two in it and even I could manage them to Championship glory.;):tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
CUG said:
and its not whether or not they cant play without henry or RVN, its whether they can play without them against quality opposition. Its one thing missing henry against a low team like Wolves and its another missing henry against a team like chelsea or united for that matter.
don't know about United but in our case we seem to manage

Arse 2-0 Lazio 2000 ,without Henry
Arse 3-1 Chels 2001,without Henry
Newctle 0-2 Arse 2002,without Henry
Man Utd 0-1 Arse 2002 ,without Henry
Man Utd 0-2 Arse 2003,without Henry until last 20 mins
Chelsea 1-3 Arse 2003 ,without Henry

no defeats against top level oppostion without him

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i wasnt meaning united and arsenal, i meant football in gerenal.

but yeah, Arsenal have done ok without henry, but still, they are not the same without him.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Henry is the best! he's better than rvn because he scores, makes some passes and a lot of passes, and he shoots free kick..i think he's the best player in the world..Better than nevded!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
forget it, this aint Spain or Italy. There are club loyalties (if only a little these days).

Not every player has a price in the premiership luckliy. (with the bigger teams).

·
Registered
497 Posts
As far as i can see it, RvN and Henry will play together... alongside with Ronaldo, Raul, Totti, Zidane, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Nesta?, and Casillas... and yes I DO HATE MORE THEN ANY TEAM IN THE WORLD REAL MADRID ! I dispise them....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts