Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or first team(so under 22)?
I heard good thing about warnock and partridge, and for you who is the next?
bye

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
partridge is quite old now 24 if I'm not mistaken. Warnock is look great when he play. another good talent is Welsh, Raven, Potter, Le Tallec, Pongolle.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok and mellnor?
he's good or not?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think that Neil Mellor has the potential to be a good player(i.e. a starter for an average team like Charlton); Le Tallec and Pongolle I think both have the potential to be classy players, and Alonso has the potential to be a world class CM.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Alonso is 23...

The best prospects at the moment are Sinama and Le Tallec, theirs also Robbie Foy, David Raven, Stephen Warnock and Zak Whitbread look very promising.

Anyone know how young Adam Pepper is progressing?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hey i dont know if this is true but i heard a story about a kid in the liverpool academy that was about 11 years of age and reportedly worth about 1.5 mill pounds...
any of this true?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Kyp said:
hey i dont know if this is true but i heard a story about a kid in the liverpool academy that was about 11 years of age and reportedly worth about 1.5 mill pounds...
any of this true?
That's Adam Pepper...

Didnt even know we ended up snaring that Pepper kid! Everyone was after him and was meant to be a mad Bluenose.
I heard he was on our books, I'm not sure though

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Foy looks good on the ball, but of course, reserve footie has considerably, less pressure than EPL footie, or even the nationwide div 1 for that matter.

Personally, I'm for Foy, Raven & Potter.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Does anyone have any information on Adam Pepper? This is the fiirst time I've heard of him and I'm curious to find out more about him. What position does he play? Is he currently at our academy? Is he still 11 years old?

-Scott

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Lot of fuss about nothing by all accounts. Plays for Liverpool boys, not the academy, and is nowhere near as good as is being made out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anyone actually go to the reserves?

Seen quite a lot of the reserve games over last few years, and the ones who have stood out for me have been:

Raven: U21 England Captain. Plays RB or CB. Very comfortable on the ball, and likes to bring the ball out of defence.

Whitbread: Reminds me alot of Hyypia, not only stature, but also the way he plays. Again fairly solid defender, comfortable on the ball.

Welsh: Tenacious player, likes to get stuck in and works very hard, sometimes tries too much.

Foley-Sheridan: Was pleasantly surprised at how composed this lad is, plays CM and was always involved in the games i have seen.

Smyth: Pacy left-sided forward, takes people on, pretty tricky.

People have seen more of the likes of Mellor (do not rate at all for Liverpool), Partridge (never make it at Liverpool) Warnock (always liked the look of him, tough tackling, skilful and gets down the left flank well), Le Tallec & Pongolle

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Sheridan left a while ago didn't he?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
I read about a player called Mannix saying that we extended his contract and will give him a chance, never heard of this guy before
Had 5 knee operations and has been in and out, the club stuck with him and offered him a new contract. Central midfielder.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
I read about a player called Mannix saying that we extended his contract and will give him a chance, never heard of this guy before
He was mentioned in the same breath as Raven before, along with Smyth.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
well L4E, 5 knee operations pretty much means any speed there was is probably gone lol. sad to say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts