Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best french striker?, which 2 players should be paired up front for Euor 2000?, Henry and Dugarry?, Bordeaux duo of Laslandes - Wiltord?, or should Djorkeaff be played up front, together with Stephane G'uivarch, just like the World Cup. Or maybe Pires and Maurice.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
David Trezeguet and Thierry Henry.Silven Wiltord and Lilian Laslandes as back ups and Cristoff Dugarry at midfield.

Do you think Nicolas Anelka should get a call?

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
no i think trezeguet and henry
sub:anelka,wiltord,laslandes

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
trezeguet and henry could be classified as the best nowadays!!!

but hey, i think zidane can play as striker! he has an unbelievable talent, don't you think? if he want to play in that role, i bet he would be the best french striker :)

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
i agree with you about zidane's speciality in providing, but i do think there's many other french midfielder who have similar skill like zidane has in providing, like dalmat, micoud and pires. so the idea of putting zidane in front would be a possible idea...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Zidane is an unbelievable talen, but I would just keep him in the midfield, he is better at providing, most of his best goals come from set-pieces anyway. Henry is at the moment on fire, but he is also capable of not producing a goal in weeks. Trezeguet should definitely be up front, but paired by who I'm not sure yet, maybe Dugarry, maybe Henry, or possibly Wiltord, he's scored regularly for France in the matches he's played for the national team. And then I can think of another good striker France has, Tony Vairelles, and as for Anelka, would the coach really want to select a striker who has only scored a hand-full of goals this season?
And then there are also still Laurant Robert of PSG and Frederic Nee of Bastia, and Cyrill Pouget has done well at Marseilles.
So many good forwards to choose from.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trezeguet&Vairelles or Dugarry for the attack,I think.

----------------
Forza Lazio!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think the fol.should get a spot:

trezeguet,vairelles

subs:wiltord,henry

hey don't u think it's better to let henry play as winger!???

i think it's better to pair trezeguet and vairelles together cos henry and trezeguet seem to have the same playing style....
vairelles has more vision and assists..

and forget about anelka and dugarry!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
HEHE, please do not tease laziofans in this forum ;)
i know lazio don't have french player, unless they are serious in after thuram, the BEST defender in the world :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What is it with Anelka, is his sudden change of heart due to the Euro champs I wonder. Persoanlly I would take him but use him as a sub to start off with and play Trezegeut and Wiltord with Henry supporting or out wide.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Henry is on fire he is playing fantastic football for the arse

i think
henry and trezeguet
zidane

subs dugarry anelka

anelka will be sold in the summer
probably to lazio cause they need a striker to replace those strikers that never score goals

------------------
MILAN is FOOTBALL

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why dont u guys like vairelles!??
it's true he's not fast or physically robust...but he creates lots of chances and assists for the other striker...
his style of play is like that of keneth andersson or duncan ferguson..except that he's smaller...
he would give the attack a diferent option and i think he should be [email protected]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poguet and Pires
whoever... as long as don't play for monaco!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pouget's heroics saved Marseille from being deeper into the relegation zone. But Lemerre still has called upon him yet. Possibly too late now, with Euro 2000 so close. Too bad, he deserves a chance in the national team.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
France soccer coach Roger Lemerre left strikers Nicolas Anelka and Sylvain Wiltord out of his 18-man squad for Wednesday's match against Slovenia.
Anelka was suspended by his club Real Madrid last month for missing training, while Wiltord hasn't played in Bordeaux's last
two games after a dispute over his fitness.
Although Lemerre refused to rule out either forward for the European Championships, he said it was for the peace and harmony
of his squad that players in dispute with their clubs were omitted.
``I need people who are at ease with themselves,'' Lemerre said. ``At the moment Anelka and Wiltord need tranquility more
than anything and it'll be easier for them away from the spotlight of the national team.''
Lemerre recalled Juventus playmaker Zinedine Zidane and Monaco goalkeeper Fabien Barthez after both missed last month's 2-
0 win over Scotland because of injury.
David Trezeguet replaced Wiltord and his Monaco teammate Martin Djetou came in for injured defender Vincent Candela. Johan
Micoud, who played against Scotland in Zidane's absence, retained his place because Youri Djorkaeff is injured, and Lyon forward
Tony Vairelles returned at the expense of Monaco's Ludovic Giuly.
Lemerre told Wiltord he would have been among the 18 players picked for France's first ever meeting with Slovenia if it wasn't
for his problems with Bordeaux.
The 25-year-old striker wants to move to a foreign club at the end of the season, but he's under contract with Bordeaux for
another four years. He pulled out of a match against Sedan two weeks ago saying he was injured, producing a medical certificate
from his private doctor, but Bordeaux was unhappy because he didn't consult the club doctor.
Lemerre said he was banking on the situation being resolved quickly.
``It's not for me to be judge between clubs and players,''he said. ``I can't take sides.''
Lemerre is due to name his 22-man squad for the June 10-July 2 European Championships on May 9 or 10, and the match against
Slovenia at the Stade de France is the last chance for players to impress on the international stage.
``This game is all about getting ourselves ready for the challenges ahead,'' Lemerre said. ``We want to create a climate
of confidence that the victory in Scotland helped install.''
France squad:
Fabien Barthez (Monaco), Ulrich Rame (Bordeaux), Laurent Blanc (Inter Milan), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), Frank Leboeuf
(Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Lilian Thuram(Parma), Martin Djetou (Monaco), Didier Deschamps (Chelsea),
Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Juventus), Emmanuel Petit (Arsenal), Johan Micoud (Bordeaux), Thierry Henry(Arsenal), Christophe Dugarry (Bordeaux), David Trezeguet(Monaco), Robert Pires (Marseille), Tony Vairelles (Lyon).

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
with that squad, i think france always have a good chance in winning every games they have!! all section in the team are filled with very good players...
would france win the euro 2000? why not...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trezeguet an Maurice. Two good strikers. Let Henry play as a winger instead, he can score anyway. Or why not have three strikers in a 3-4-3 formation or a 4-3-3. Personally I prefer 3-4-3 with the third one a little bit behind the front two.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts