Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it has to be Zbigniew Boniek :)
He was truly amazing at the World Cup in 82 and for Juventus in many years, and nobody can forget his magnificent hat-trick against Belgique :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is Kozminski??

And perhaps Wladslaw Zmuda can also be considered one of the greats. I believe he featured in four different World Cups right?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Bazman said:
Who is Kozminski??

And perhaps Wladslaw Zmuda can also be considered one of the greats. I believe he featured in four different World Cups right?
Zmuda was amazing! :star:

Kozminski played at Brescia, then Ancona. He was left-def/left-wing. He was OK, but nothing special.

·
Registered
535 Posts
1. Lubanski by far
2. Deyna
3. Boniek

What Lubanski did before his injury was just purely amazing, his pace, quickness and dribbling skills rivaled anyone in history of football. I watched the Poland-England game played in Chorzow in 1973 recently, and the guy made English defenders look like lost children. Shame that his shady dealings as a manager tarnished his rep a bit, and of course, that his injury (common and treatable by today's standards) cut his career way too short, as he was never the same even after he made his come-back.

·
Registered
805 Posts
What about Ernest Wilimowski and his four goals against Brasil in World Cup 1938, France? 22 caps, 21 goals. What a shame he agreed to play for Germany.
But on the other side he had much more to lose than Klose or Podolski who deny their homeland nowadays...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It's impossible to pick the best.

Lato - most successful at national team level

Boniek - best recognized Polish player and most successful at club level

Lubanski - a whizzkid of Polish football

Deyna - so much appreciated by his teammates.

Well, it would probably be more fair to limit ourselves only to the best Polish player we have ever seen live - or at least on tv. In my case it's Roman Kosecki :D

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not impossible I think. If I had the ability to make it into a poll of who the best ever Polish player was, then I'm sure everyone would eventually be able to pick just one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.