• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which norwegian striker you guys think is the best, and deserves to play for our national team.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having a hard time deciding who to choose myself;

Helstad is doing great in Brann but hasn't scored as much as a great striker should(was topscorer in Norway last year, but with less goals than the topscorer the previous 5 years), will this season be his big breakthrough?

Frode Johnsen is getting better and better at Rosenborg, and is my favourite in becoming the top scorer in Norway this year. Was one of Norway's best players in the Hong Kong tournament.

Iversen is a long time favourite of mine, he is consistent and works hard. Almost never lets me down, but he is injured quite often.

Carew has had weak spells in VIF, in Rosenborg and now in Valencia, at his best he is fantastic, but still not as consistent as I would like him to be. Scored 3 goals this weekend, a future world star if he can stay in top shape.

Flo has all the talent, but his years at Chelsea did him no good, now he is finding back to his old form.

Solskjær can score from anywhere in the box, and from out of nothing. Has even greater potential, may have his best time in front of him.

Lange was fabolous in Norway, has struggled more in Turkey, but nothing less than I would expect, a long way from Tromsø to Trabzon.

[Edited by Orange on 26-02-2001 at 15:45]

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys seem to make up your minds about this quite easily :) Is it only me that is having such difficulty deciding. We also have Azar Karadas of Brann but In think he is too young yet. In 2-3 years, Karadas might be that star of the norwegian attack if the norwegian coaches doesn't get their way and makes him our star defender :wth:

[Edited by Orange on 26-02-2001 at 16:21]

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Carew is winning this pretty easy,and ofcorse i voted for him also but why is solskjaer ranked so bad(he was very good VS arsenal)?not even a vote so far,flo is 2 but he doesn't deserve it cause he hasn't been good for quite along time,when was the latest time he scored a goal in the NT for example?

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well everyone has got their wish, Carew will most likely be playing up front for Norway tomorrow.

I was thinking of maybe doing like the african forum and having a vote for every position, but I think there would be too little interest, mayb best midfielder, best defender and best goalkeeper could happen? :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Orange i need you to define striker for me

Because Norway play 4-5-1 with 2 wingers and one striker. Solskjaer & Iversen tend to play as wingers and not out and out strikers so perhaps the question is ambiguous

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, when I am talking about the stiker I am talking about the man on top. Solskjær and Iversen will play as forwards if the team is the way it usually is.

[Edited by Orange on 27-02-2001 at 14:08]

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
John Carew. His potential is truely awesome.

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
I voted for Carew,IMO i think his great,but his not playing on his best.it was boring to see him out side the box against manU.I agree with nick,i was suprised that flo got more votes then solskjaer,what have he done in the recent times.Solskjaer deserves to be on top for his recent games.
but wasnt he haveing problems with a sponsor deal....something about that he didnt want to change to the nt's sponsors and they banned him from the nt.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Helstad is doing great, with a good performance today for Norway he will probably play against Poland as well and will be defined as an important player for Norway. The future looks brighter still.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
My vote went to Carew but I was really considering to whether vote for him or Solskjaer.I personally like Solskjaer more but if I have to think objectively Carew is for now the better player and that is only because he actually gets to play more then Solskjaer.If Solskjaer would have played more this season and really be up there in the goalscoring table my vote would go to him.But since he insists of staying with Man Utd he will never be the player I know that he can be...:(

And now when I see that he hasn´t got any votes I feel really sorry for him.

Flo for me sucks like hell.I have never like that player and when they starting calling him Flonaldo I started laughing like sh!t.They are nothing alike when it comes to their playing type.Flo is a target player while Ronaldo is a dribbler and got all the qualities except from the only quality Flo got.Using his head.

So when they started comparing Ronaldo with Flo then you know that a certain player is totally overrated.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flonaldo was a joke because we beat Brazil 2 times, and Flo scored twice in the first match, andgot us a penalty and scored once in the other. Have some humour man, and Flo is great on the ground, probably better than he is with his head. His brother on the other hand, Jostein is a fantastic header, best I have ever seen.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Maybe it was a joke but I still hear that people are calling him that.As I said I have never liked him.Don´t think that he is that good.

It´s still an insult to Ronaldo call Flo,Flonaldo :D

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Because Ronaldo has been so successfull in Inter? If you ask me Flo was a bigger star(in terms of playing ability) in the WC98 than Ronaldo who never showed his potential, and since than he has been crap.

Flonaldo is not only related to Ronaldo, but all of Brazil. Flo was the guy that tamed Brazil.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Ronaldo in his first season with Inter was the second best scorer so he hasn´t been a total failure at Inter.

Do you know that he has been injured for two years?How can you say that he has been crap when he hasn´t been able to play?He made comeback at the start of last season but he got injured again but he still scored a couple of goals before he got injured.Ronaldo has been injured for a long time now and hasn´t even been giving the chane to prove himself in Inter if you don´t count the first season with Inter where he put a record.He was the one that had scored the most of all the foreigners in Serie A so to call him a failure is laughable.He really have only played on season with Inter and that season he ruled.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.