• Shefki Kuqi (Ipswich)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonatan Johansson (Charlton)

• Jari Niemi (Mons)

• Henrik Larsson (Celtic FC)

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AFC Ajax Amsterdam)

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Marcus Allbäck (Aston Villa FC)

• Niklas Skoog (Malmö)

• Ebbe Sand (Schalke 04)

• Jon Dahl Tomasson (Milan)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Peter Madsen (Bochum)

• Tommy Bechmann (Esbjerg)

• Ole Gunnar Solskjær (Manchester United)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Thorstein Helstad (Austria Wien)

• John Carew (Roma)

• Tore Andre Flo (Siena)

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
This poll could have been won on fame alone but I think Zlatan has stood out from the rest lately, as he's been scoring quite consistently and many of them decisive. Larsson is stuck in a no name league while Tomasson has been a good sub but given his excellent supporting cast, it's not all that impressive.

Fun fact: I read on Norwegian teletext that Datasport (I think it was) ranks Carew as the 28th best forward in Serie A with Flo a close second in 42nd place. :howler:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
numerodix said:

Fun fact: I read on Norwegian teletext that Datasport (I think it was) ranks Carew as the 28th best forward in Serie A with Flo a close second in 42nd place. :howler:
but Tore in Siena don't play like striker.
Are all happy about him here!:D

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
While Zlatan has a well-developed control of the ball, I've rarely seen a striker with a better eye for the goal than Tomasson, so the Dane gets my vote for being the more effective forward.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Mikal Forssell has everything a striker should have.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ther can be no doubt who is the best striker in Scandinavia.... just take a short look at the stats.

Jon Dahl Tomasson (Den, 57 caps, 27 goals)

2003/04, AC Milan : 22 games, 10 goals

and in the 22 games for Milan this season, he hardly ever play more than 10 - 45 minutes, so he's with no doubt one of the most effective forwards in the world....
-------

Just try to compair with the stats of e.g. Henke Larsson or Zlatan Ibrahimovic for that matter...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE, 19 caps, 6 goals)

2003/04, Ajax : 18 games, 11 goals

not anyway near as good as Tomasson on the NT, and thou he scores a little more goals in the league, it's still not that that good a league as the italian...also he playes more minutes in every game...
-----

Henke Larsson (SWE, 73 caps, 24 goals)

2003/04, Celtic : 31 games, 26 goals

again, not anyway near as good as Tomasson on the NT, and thou he scores a lot of goals in the league matches for Celtic (in a crap league) ... he also play almost every minute of every game....
----

as for John Carew as an effective forward, he's not even in the same league if you compair him with the other 3 players abow...

John Carew (NOR, 37 caps, 10 goals)

2003/04, AS Roma : 17 games, 5 goals

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ceres said:

-----

again, not anyway near as good as Tomasson on the NT, and thou he scores a lot of goals in the league matches for Celtic (in a crap league) ... he also play almost every minute of every game....

In a great number of these caps Larsson played as a midfielder.

Concerning Zlatan`s scoring ratio. Most of those caps are coming in as a sub and beside, i dont think Tomassons scoring ratio would be to impressing in his first 20 caps.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well, Jon Dahl, almost never scores more than one or two goals in a game, and he mostly scores his goals in important games and/or against the big nations... (not in games vs. Luxembourg)...

His goal in the 3-2 friendly win vs. England was a typical Jon Dahl, coming in as a sub and only playing the last 45 minutes of the game.... He's surely one of the very best...and most underrated strikers in the World...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Forssell, Zlatan, Larsson and Tomasson are all good, but I'll go for Forssell. Chelsea's top scorer this season.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ceres said:
Ther can be no doubt who is the best striker in Scandinavia.... just take a short look at the stats.

Jon Dahl Tomasson (Den, 57 caps, 27 goals)

2003/04, AC Milan : 22 games, 10 goals

and in the 22 games for Milan this season, he hardly ever play more than 10 - 45 minutes, so he's with no doubt one of the most effective forwards in the world....
-------

Just try to compair with the stats of e.g. Henke Larsson or Zlatan Ibrahimovic for that matter...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE, 19 caps, 6 goals)

2003/04, Ajax : 18 games, 11 goals

not anyway near as good as Tomasson on the NT, and thou he scores a little more goals in the league, it's still not that that good a league as the italian...also he playes more minutes in every game...
-----

----

as for John Carew as an effective forward, he's not even in the same league if you compair him with the other 3 players abow...

John Carew (NOR, 37 caps, 10 goals)

2003/04, AS Roma : 17 games, 5 goals

I forgot the stats of

Mikael Forssell (FIN, 28 caps, 11 goals)

2003/04, Birmingham City: 27 games, 16 goals

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Henrik Larsson, with Zlatan on second place. Zlatan has the talent to become better than Larsson.

Tomasson - who occasionally taps in goals from two meters on rebounds - isn't even close to them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
HuxFlux said:
Henrik Larsson, with Zlatan on second place. Zlatan has the talent to become better than Larsson.

Tomasson - who occasionally taps in goals from two meters on rebounds - isn't even close to them.

Yes, occasionally every 2nd match ;)... In one of the best teams in one of the top 3 leagues in Europe, even thou he only play 10 to 45 minutes of any game....... so sure he's no way as good as Zlatan or Larsson who both do much better in much bigger leagues;) ... hehe

or could it be that thou Tomasson is one of the very best strikers... he's also one of the most underrated strikers in the World ??...

I think you should take one more look at the statistics...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts