Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Mart Poom (Derby)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I voted for Sorensen. He is the second best player of Sunderland and along with Super Kevin Phillips only reason Sunderland wont go down.

Niemi is good too, and Enckelman is one for the future.

As much as I like Schmeichel, Sorensen is better. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
AMOROSO!, it's nice to get some visitors from outside the Nordic world :)! Especially when they agree with me :D....because I also voted for Sørensen. He's very good for Sunderland, just as good for the Danish NT, and so I expect him to be one of the top keepers at the forthcomming WC. :)

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
I also voted for Sørensen.

He's doing great for Sunderland and is very consistent. I'm still a big admirer of Schmeichel and on his day, he's still the best. He's just too inconsistent to get my vote even if I feel he should.

Sørensen will be a great GK for Denmark for years to come. Top class. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I voted for Antti Niemi. I think he is a fantastic keeper and there's only a few I think is better in the World today.

England should be thanking Niemi just as much as they are thanking Beckham and Eriksson for their World Cup place. That game Niemi did against Germany was among the best performances I've seen from a keeper ever.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My vote goes also for Antti Niemi. His performances for our national team have been simply outstanding, and I wonder how he is still playing for a 2nd class team like Hearts. He would definetely be a great signing for any team from EPL or other top league.

Jääskeläinen isn't far behind him, but because he has lost that great form he had in the first half of season I'd rate Niemi before him.

There would probably be other good picks as well, but I haven't seen that much of them playing so I won't vote for them.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am absolutely willing to include the Baltic countries Kat. With the name change, it has sort of opened up for you too, just like the Scandinavian was borderline Iceland, Faroe Islands and Finland. Nordic can also relate to the Baltic countries, and if any of you feel like writing in this forum, you are more than welcoime.

However, I must admit that my knowledge of the Baltic players are somewhat small, so if you could send me a list of the 8 or 16 best players from Estonia, I would be happy to include them.

The positions are
Goalkeeper
Left Back
Central Defender
Right Back
Left Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Right Midfielder
Striker

Two from each position would be great :)

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
:eek: Isaksson has won the vote in 2001? :D

Voted for Sørensen. Reasons as above :)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isaksson won the best keeper in the Scandinavian leagues poll...not the best keeper from those countries overall :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Thomas Sørensen - An Excellent keeper, who I'm so very proud of having on the NT and as a Dane doing great abroad!

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I voted for Sørensen too, no big surprise there. He has been outstanding for Sunderland, just ahead of the other national team keepers, he is on top.

More surprisingly, is that I almost considered voting for Arason. How I wish he was Norwegian. An amazing player, who no one has seen the best of yet. If Rosenborg start scoring in the Champions League again and they keep him, they will do better than ever before.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We really need more opinions here...more posts, more votes...and soon the left back poll will come :)

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
How about posting a link in the swedish forum?

there's only one vote for Hedman. Surely the swedes can't be that unbiased? :D

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I choosed between Isaksson and Sörensen and my vote finaly landed on Isaksson...
I still think Hedman is the best scandi-keeper but I looked at current form when I made my vote and as he's been struggling some lately I didnt vote on him...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The Finnish goalkeepers are undoubtedly the best in the nordic regions but Jääskeläinen has been playing badly right now. Everyone has a bad spell though he'll overcome it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Antti Neimi is a great goalkeeper if we didnt already have a great goalkeeper in stefan klos, Antti would be our number 1 for sure.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Reason why no one is voting for Hedman is cuz he's no good at the moment. The best swedish keeper right now, IMO, is Bengt Andersson of IFK Göteborg.
My vote went for Schmeichel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts