Xtratime Community banner

who is the best Italian player right now?

• Totti (Roma)

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • De Rossi (Roma)

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Pirlo (Milan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nesta (Milan)

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Buffon (Juventus)

• Del Piero (Juventus)

• Chiellini (Juventus)

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Balotelli (Inter)

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Cassano (Sampdoria)

• Cossu (Cagliari)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Miccoli (Palermo)

• Di Natale (Udinese)

• another one (say who in the thread)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totti has just been voted the best Italian player by la Gazzetta dello Sport, who asked it to 100 supposed experts (there were a bunch of people who gave debatable answers, such as Corrado Tedeschi who is a Samp fan and voted Palombo :stoned: ).
Now I want 100 votes from the people of Xtratime.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Very tough question. For me it is Chiellini

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
there were a bunch of people who gave debatable answers, such as Corrado Tedeschi who is a Samp fan and voted Palombo :stoned:
Hmmm, I was tempted to say Donadel :lala:

But it's terribly hard, right now I can't say one name that would be outstanding between others. Cassano was it few months ago, but now? :confused:

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Totti has just been voted the best Italian player by la Gazzetta dello Sport, who asked it to 100 supposed experts (there were a bunch of people who gave debatable answers, such as Corrado Tedeschi who is a Samp fan and voted Palombo :stoned: ).
Now I want 100 votes from the people of Xtratime.
what i`ve just known that those 100 by different experts people in different fields, not in sport generally. right?

·
Registered
46,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what i`ve just known that those 100 by different experts people in different fields, not in sport generally. right?
Yes, there were football players, former football players, coaches, etc. ... but also people who don't work in the world of football yet are supposed to know something about it (like the above mentioned Corrado Tedeschi, who actually knows football very well but gave an unreliable answer nevertheless).

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Yes, there were football players, former football players, coaches, etc. ... but also people who don't work in the world of football yet are supposed to know something about it (like the above mentioned Corrado Tedeschi, who actually knows football very well but gave an unreliable answer nevertheless).
oh yeah, but why you considered palombo as undeserved to be the best italian player right now?

.. at least this season, he does well tbh.

i pick cassano although that he hasn`t played for many games so far.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Totti for consistency through years (though injuries doesn't help)...and Di Natale for his last years deserves a mention like the typical more folkloric choice and a player that gain confidence and more consistency in what might be his last years in his carreer.

The Cassanos, like the Miccolis, Zarates, and Lavezzis are great fun and rollercoasters players. Sometimes they play as mature and great as their technical ability can provide, others they look like Piojo Lopez trying to dribble.

De Rossi has the technical ability and character to be a very consistent and superior palyer, but many times his "character" let him down and still doesn't understand many tasks of his role in Roma...es un calenton que se pierde solo.

·
Registered
32,245 Posts
Buffon had some blunders recently, for the first time, like, ever (apart from that goal he let in against Atalanta (iirc) having gambled on it).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts