Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Pele and Maradona occupy the first two spots as the greatest player ever to play the game, who would you pick to be the 3rd best player? Would it be Garrincha, Platini, Cruyff, Di Stefano or somebody else?

·
Registered
709 Posts
10 years from now I don't think that Ronaldinho claim will be too far fetched. 3rd place is just as hard to chose as first and second cruyff, beckenbauer, garrinhcha and di stefano hard choices.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maldini!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I'd put Best at 2nd myself.
Who is your #1, Abou Diaby?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Why are Maradona and Pele always considered as complete untouchables?

Di Stefano and Garrincha are on their level, I don't care what anyone says.

Personally, I'd have three different levels for "legends", with the top tier accommodated by those four players.

Level 1: Maradona, Pele, Di Stéfano, Garrincha. Period.
Level 2: Cruyff, Best, Beckenbauer, Puskás, Eusébio etc.
Level 3: Romario, Van Basten, Ronaldo etc.

Ronaldo can join level 2 if he scores 3 or more goals at the World Cup this year to become the all-time leading scorer in the competition.

Just my opinion, and I must point out that, like many others, I only ever saw the likes of Pele and Di Stéfano on DVD collections.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
MutOofd said:
The thing that irritates me with maradona is that he isn't the complete package, most of the other players mentioned as top 10 ever are complete "5-tool" players, whereas maradona wasnt :cool:
Yes but it didn't matter if his right leg was only used to stand on because he was so damn good! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
best as maradona a pele are "untouchable "

1 - 20 of 91 Posts