Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma were second in Sereia last season. but this season they are even struggling to get into UEFA cup. What happened? Who is responsible for this performance.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I think Del Neri is the front man. Then accusationas can be thrown at certain players but the most "fault" is IMO Del Neri.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Valdrin said:
I think Del Neri is the front man. Then accusationas can be thrown at certain players but the most "fault" is IMO Del Neri.
to be fair to Del Neri, the season was already gone realistically even before he ever came along. still he could have done a bit better...

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
1. the unaccptable attitude of most of the players, who didn't show the ultimate will to fight for the colours and the shirt.
hell, not even for the sake of their own pride.i wonder how they could even look at themselves in the mirror after certain nights...

2. the terribly unfortunate, though understandable, circumstances prandelli had to quit.

3. del neri

4. capello

P.S
special mentions to our horrifying goalkeeping "performance". :yuck:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
"Juventus." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Quit whining, Andr3w, and go count your tainted scudetti.

As for the cause of Roma's problems, I'd say circumstances played a big part. Roma are a tough team to manage at the best of times. The sudden departure of a long-time coach and a very good player (do I need to specify I don't mean Zebina? ;) ), added to the ongoing financial problems, the long-term injuries, the volatile fans and the wacky owner, would have made coaching Roma a tough proposition for any new coach.

Völler was a great player, but really not the strict and respected coach Roma needed.

Del Neri came in too late in the season and was faced with a team of headstrong stars who wouldn't -- or couldn't -- subordinate their talent to his system. He tried to adapt, but he's not a tridente kind of guy. I'm a bit disappointed that he couldn't straighten out your defense, though. Even with Chivu out and now Mexès suspended, I feel Cufré Dellas Ferrari Panucci could have been molded into a decent defensive unit. IMO Pelizzoli was always overrated, but no keeper looks good behind a shaky defense.

Best of luck to Bruno Conti, and I hope Totti gives him the support he needs. The team is in Totti's image, which isn't always a good thing... except when everything clicks and then you have last year's exciting Roma that everyone wanted to watch.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well you can only blame Del Neri for not being Capello, Let me just say if Voeller didn't resign I think things would be far worse than they are now(as hard as that seems)

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Capello. He scheduled a grueling summer full of traveling and worthless friendlies, only to pick up and set off a chain of events that destroyed the club. Most of this year's problems can be traced back to the surprise exit of the Stubborn One. With him, we lost a midfielder and a defender; we lost of continuity and therefore our delicate mentality; we lost our sole visionary; and our project. His absence gave many of the players the excuse they needed to take an absence from responsibility, and it's that attitude that infects the squad.
The club, the colors, always come first. I'm talkin' Team Unit - that sense of a family of players came undone, and was never recovered. So my number two would be the players, who have been smug and unaccountable.
I blame Del Neri for breaking up, mainly during the last 4 of 5 matches. He lost all sense of control, wilted under the spotlight. You guys were right - he was in over his head. But I still credit him for doing a decent job in an impossible situation, and I feel he won't have a hard time finding work at a smaller club again. His greatest move, certainly his most generous, was agreeing to mutual tear up the contract, an offer that I think many of us here have overlooked in our joy to replace him. There were times when I thought Del Neri made some real progress, and I thank him again for his work here.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
How can you blame del Neri when things were already screwed up,Some of the players carry on like they're the only one's that matters and feel the need that the club owes them something.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Capello and his cowrad way of leaving.. i blame everything on this traitor..
his move was the first step in the chainreaction which led us to what we are now..

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
eleven players at any one time, and always with a thumb up their ass...most of them dreaming of greater glory elsewhere because after all, Roma is no Real Madrid

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The players. At the end its the players who should give their all. And they didn't.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
He's an Interista. They can tell when players are not giving their all. Managers too. :shades:

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Faisal said:
Capello's departure mainly due to the lack of appreciation of what he achieved with Roma in his 5 year stint, According to him anyway.
oh the poor baby...f uck that overmandibulated shite

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Anyway my point is that he wanted to prove a point and did but he wouldn't of needed to if the fans showed more respect(e.g banners v Milan)

So if theres anything to blame its the environment caused by the fans media players etc etc. Del Neri bravely came into this and obviously wasn't up to the immense challenge(very few are)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
First people to blame are certain players

but even though I feel sorry for the guy, Del Neri has had a part to play and I personally wouldnt have played a tridente until we got some midfield ball or a solid defence.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts