Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Eusebio di Stefano? Or perhaps someone else...I'm wondering what the answers are gonna be, because not many of us know too much about the "old days" at Real. But my choice goes to HUGO SANCHEZ and then equal di Stefano and Raul.

I know Raul is still 22, but I just loooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee the poor bastard :) LOVE HIM! It's RAUL MADRID Club de Futbol :) :) :)

VIVA RAUL!

D

·
0 Posts
Many great player have played for Real Madrid.
Among them Alfredo Di Stefano, Ferenc Puskas, Hugo Sanchez, Emilio Butragueno, but also don't forget Michael Laudrup.
When Roberto Carlos, Fernando Hierro, and Raul leave Real, by that time, they will be legends too!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Di Stephano - the reason I got in to Real is when I realised that he played for them and all the stuff he did.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There is no question on who the best Real Madrid player of all time was, Alfredo di Stefano. Raul may yet get there but he has a long way to go to catch up to di Stefano.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, but what about Hugo Sanchez!? I mean he scored more goals then anyone else in a single season of the Primera Division! How much was it? Something like 42! and many of them with that amazing banana kick!

I agree Raul is too young, but Hugo?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Hugo was great but Di Stephano was a true superstar world wide. I knew about the guy when I was 7 - the only other greats I knew who weren't British were Maradona, Pele and Cryuff (maybe Eusebio).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hugo Sanchez scored 38 goals. And yes he was great but there are several players who I would rate ahead of him such as, Alfredo di Stefano, Ferenc Puskas, Francisco Gento, possibly Santillana as well.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Without a doubt, everyone will vote Alfredo di Stefano as the best. But personally, I really like Hugo Sanchez!
The three kings Francisco Gento, Alfredo di Stefano, and Ferenc Puskas all played in our golden era. Whoever creates this kind of gloria would be unforgettable. And it is interesting that Francisco Gento followed Real to hold up that significant trophy SIX TIMES, such a remarkable record. But it is hard to find those old matches to watch. (Actually, I couldn't find one so far.) Even the highlights are rarely to be showed, though all the ppl admit that they are great and still valuable. So that I still don't have an entire exact impression of how great they were. Sanchez is more near to our age, I like him best 'cause I saw the most of his plays of those legends. He is AMAZING! Until now, I think there is still no one (forward) that can compare with him in our current team (even Raul). His talents not only presented in his score record, but also in his ways to play (skillful and entertaining).

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hierro will be a legend undoubtebly, but he better start working or he'll leave us with more souer memories then sweet :(

M

·
0 Posts
there is no boubt in my mind that Alfredo Di Stefano is the greatest player of all time but i believe that Raul will also get there

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yeah for overall it should be di Stefano.

For the players whom I've actually seen play, I'll consider Emilio Butragueno and (Jose Miguel) Michel.

As for my personal favorites, it's gotta be Michel! And followed by Raul, perhaps, but that'll need to wait another few years I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts