Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me, who do u think is the one player that will definately improve liverpool enough to finish top two next season....

I say, jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is perfect... He had an amazing season with atletico....he can pull a rabbitt out of the hat for liverpool too....heskey, not enough pure speed to play with owen...i say put him on the bench for a season...sign hasselbaink.....much needed goals and excitement we lacked this season....fowler must go...he deserves playing time...but we don't have any for him...tottenham or arsenal should make bids for him..

what do YOU think?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't really want Hasslebaank for many a reason. the first is that Heskey is a brilliant player and I will stick by this. In the games that I have seen I can understand why this guy does not get more goal as he is very unselfish. He created chances for his opponents and next year we should see this.
Also Hasslebaank would want too much and his antics at Leeds did not endear me to the guy.
Thirdly I think that we need a playmaker who can change the game in an instant and this could be Anders D'Allessandro from River Plate. His name was mentioned in another post recently and this made me remember that this guy should be quality. If not him then we could get his team mate Saviola and play him in a Raul type position. This guy is only 18 I think. He has a great shot and is a great dribbler.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, Domi and ZZ will be enough. If you want a playmaker from Argentina (as suggested in earlier posts), I would think Pablo Aimar would be the best...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Good player also and I would love to see him in a Liverpool strip but feel that his destination will be Italy ahead of Liverpool.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leeds was a different story for hasselbaink....he's changed sooooo much...one of the top scorers on a relegated team...c'mmon, some credit for that....anyways, hasselbaink wasn't even striker....he was like a striker behind two strikers...he can do that in liverool.....OR heskey can do that....of course we'd have to then sacrifice a little bit of defensive midfielding.....but i think it will work...by the way, saviola is going to spain almost for sure, zidane if he ever moves also spain, and the other players, i don't know much about, but argentinian players don't usually do well in england as midfielders....

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Not that many Argentine players have played here.
Hasslebaank may be a possibility if Fowler goes ( :(). Apparently Liverpool have shown interest in him so who knows. I thought that Saviola would go before long, who do you think he will go to? I think Valencia have a good chance.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most Argentinians prefer the Spanish and Italian league, especially the Spanish league, ahead of the Premier League.

The big teams offer just as much money in Spain as in England, and Argentines speak Spanish, so they would not have to learn a whole new language.

Hasselbaink will only be bought if Fowler is sold, and it's unlikely Fowler will be sold this season, Arsenal is the only likely candidate that could buy him.

And the talks of Zinedine Zidane coming is just ridiculous. Zidane has not even hinted he wants to leave Juve, let alone go to Liverpool, so stop fantasising about him coming to Anfield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts