Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout this season we had the chance to see a numebr of central mid combinations due to injuries, suspension, tinkerman tinkering around... etc.

We started out the season with Momo-Poulsen and then taigo had some appearences and Marchisio broke in to the starting eleven. We also saw Zanettino briefly before he went back to the treatment table and the rest is history.

Even Nedved, Brazzo and Camo played in that position at one point or another.

Who is Juve's best central mid pair?

My pick is Momo-Zanettino.

what you think
please discuss

P.s. I will open an new thread everyday to activate the forum.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Marchisio and Momo

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
why do you even consider zanetti? he has been often injured in this season and the previous. if you ignore zanetti, best for me is

marchisio sissoko

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do you even consider zanetti? he has been often injured in this season and the previous. if you ignore zanetti, best for me is

marchisio sissoko
first i don't call him zanetti but i call him zanettino because i want to different him from javier zanetti. second i still remeber how good he is from last year. he was fantastic against lazio and he played alot of great games. he also plays so good that he make it look easy with no effort at all.

I slo respect him because he came with us to serie b and he was a freed agent and he was able to join any team in serie a be he accepted serie b with us.

for the future i agree with you it should be marchision and momo but if zanettino is back i think he should play.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Marchisio is a sure one. Momo, I love the man for sure and when he's on his game he's an absolute monster, and a joy to watch. Those long-legged, impossible tackles make me shriek like a little fan girl. But he's a bit inconsistent, especially aginst those smaller teams that don't play much with the ball in the midfield. And Poulsen is coming tio his game recently and against Roma he was excellent. Tiago... can go somewhere, i don't care and never be seen again.

All that being said, I like Marchisio. I think Poulsen and Momo can be rotated and used depending on the particluar game's requirements.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Marchisio is def starter, Zanetti cant be relied anymore, although if his fit next year, i expect him to still play, and wouldnt be a bad option to have coming from bench.

Tiago is this and that, and i would def consider selling him.

Poulsen is a ok player but again i aint found of him.

Sissoko is good but his passing game is a big downside, but maybe when he comes back, him and Marchisio could make a great combo? Sissoko is still very young player, imo our coaching team should really concentrate on his passing in training, why not come up with individual program (something what i think hasnt been done). If he gets his passing game to perfection he could be some player. I dont mind a rash tackle here and there, its the passing what really lets him down.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sissoko has already made great strides since his arrival from Liverpool in terms of his technique, but i agree there's still a way to go before he can really be a top class destroyer.

Right now, i'd say the best central mid pairing is Marchisio and Sissoko, with Poulsen a capable and competent player who can rotate either spot. Having said that, i still think we need to bring in someone who is proven quality in central mid to start. I don't think Marchisio is ready yet to hold down the position as a starter.

CZ has been great for us, but after this season where he's barely featured at all, i can't see how he can be counted on in the future. I doubt we will let him go and he's a great player to have in the mix, but if we have to let go of someone i'd put him and Tiago as first in line to leave. My stance on Tiago is well known here so i won't bother re-stating it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Ultimately there is no pairing that has shown itself to be the best. Sisokko IMO is the only one who is sure of a starting spot. Marchisio is the one with the talent and age to win that status down the line. All of Tiago, Poulsen and Zanetti are in their different ways competent and valuable substitutes/rotation players, but it would be good to have one of them substituted with someone who is more of an obvious boost to the starting 11 or at least bring a more dynamic offensively capable version of a central midfielder rather than one tilted towards defense.

Zanetti has no trade value now because of age, injuries and salary. I think we should sell one of the others - probably Poulsen both because I think he has a bigger market and because his qualities are pretty much covered by an in form Zanetti, as well as Marchisio.

With what we have now - I'm thinking Sisokko and whoever among the rest who is in better shape.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Long time reader, first post...

At the moment, I'm inclined to say our best possible pairing would be Sissoko-Marchisio. Not much to say about the former that hasn't been already said, but - fantastic destroyer, offers a great physical presence in the middle of the park, and even a little bit going forward now and then. Good potential, and there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't get better and better over the next couple of seasons. As for Marchisio, again, tremendous potential to develop into one of Serie A's top box-to-box midfielders. Additionally, I really like his grit/determination (although, this applies to both of them).

In regard to Poulsen, he's a player I very much like. Goes about his holding/destroying in such a composed and reliable manner and offers some real solidity to the team. I've noticed some talk about 'inconsistency', but to be honest, I'm certain this is/was only due to a lack of regular match time, injuries and what not. With Sissoko out of for the season he'll definitely come into his own. Furthermore, I feel he hasn't gotten as much credit as he deserves for his ability to distribute the ball, both efficiently and, now and then, creatively (on occasion he pops up with some great long-range passing). Talk of selling him off this transfer window? Absolutely absurd. He's quality, depth-wise and even to start.

Tiago? An interesting case. This season I've seen him getting a lot of praise, but I just don't agree. In my opinion, he always comes across as being frail, sluggish, and pretty much invisible. In other words, a real liability in that he gets overrun often. His upside, I suppose, would be his alleged technique and ability to open things up from the center, but in terms of tangible results this hasn't been the case I don't think. Clearly he's someone I'd like to see replaced.

Zanetti...simply put, he cannot be relied upon any further. When fit, absolutely an underrated and class player, but these times are so few and far between. If there's any chance to maintain his health, sure keep him, but otherwise he's just taking up space on the treatment table and can't even be counted towards squad depth. Ideally, he's offloaded and a promising youngster is brought in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts