Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Position striker

Is it possible to find in a single player from the past the following "qualities"?

Bierhoff's Headers, Romario's wit, Ronaldo's skill, Henry's class, Batistuta's power, Sheva's energy, Vieri's strenghth, and, least but not last, being ambidextrous.

Who was he?
If you know who he is, share some thoughts on him

P.S. Maybe the thread should of been located in the "general football" section, but why not keep it here. :cool:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I can think of only one Marko - the Prince of Utreht, the Dutch Swan, the Gracious Winner, the Biggest talklent, the best goal ever, in the Greatest team ever - Van Basten!

Correct me if I am worng! :cool:

:proud::proud::proud:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I am not known for extraordinary expressions but payman should take care of that. :D :cool:

Let me add just this following smiley to sum up my feelings for the great player he was. :proud:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bono said:
I can think of only one Marko - the Prince of Utreht, the Dutch Swan, the Gracious Winner, the Biggest talklent, the best goal ever, in the Greatest team ever - Van Basten!

Correct me if I am worng! :cool:

:proud::proud::proud:
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Basten - fast (ran a 100 metre in less than 11 seconds), excellent header, strong, powerful, athletic, energetic, acrobatic, skillful.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
The man, or rather, the Angel whom redefined the meaning of class, elegance, virtuosity, genious to new levels, unreachable for all of us mortals. The man whom defied the laws of gravity and Newton all together; the man whom proved in a more practical and undubitable way than anybody else, Einstein's theory of relativity and the theory that time slows down in space altogether, in any given of his exhibitions of his monumental, phenomenal talent, in any given one of his countless parades, graciously floating on the ground like a feather, out of reach for the defenders to even get close to him, with the elegance of a ballerina, dancing or rather being elegantly lead by the melodies of Mozart, the symphonies of Bethoven and Berlioz.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is in short, the Divine Swan, Marco Unico.

FORZA MARCO!!:heart::proud: :star: :proud:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
See. :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
San Siro said:
The man, or rather, the Angel whom redefined the meaning of class, elegance, virtuosity, genious to new levels, unreachable for all of us mortals. The man whom defied the laws of gravity and Newton all together; the man whom proved in a more practical and undubitable way than anybody else, Einstein's theory of relativity and the theory that time slows down in space altogether, in any given of his exhibitions of his monumental, phenomenal talent, in any given one of his countless parades, graciously floating on the ground like a feather, out of reach for the defenders to even get close to him, with the elegance of a ballerina, dancing or rather being elegantly lead by the melodies of Mozart, the symphonies of Bethoven and Berlioz.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is in short, the Divine Swan, Marco Unico.

FORZA MARCO!!:heart::proud: :star: :proud:

Cheers.;)
Fantastico San Siro

An interesting unsaid story is that after a derby won by Milan 3-0 Ferri, Bergomi and Zenga felt sick during the dying moments of the game, having also visions of a stange demon of unknown origin. After the match Inter's medical staff informed the 3 Inter icons that it was "only" Van Basten. The aftermath was even worst cause they all lost faith in their capability as football players, only Bergomi partially recovered (his mustaches don't grow any longer though). After long years of "help", Ferri, Bergomi and Zenga have fully recovered, but every time they hear the word Van Basten or see footage of him, they "degrade" back to that tragic afternoon.
:cool:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Politician said:
Emile Heskey!
Politician, your cheating, I asked from the past:cool: otherwise I should of added a few more "qualities"

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Indeed IL FENOMENO RONALDO is truly amazing!

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
Even here man! PLS keep it in your OWN forums!
:howler: :D

1 - 20 of 78 Posts