Hassan El Fakiri, Monaco
Magne Hoset, Molde
Jan Derek Sorensen, Lyn

Strikers:
Håvard Flo, Sogndal
Thorstein Helstad, Austria Wien
Steffen Iversen, Wolverhampton
Sigurd Rushfeldt, Austria Wien

I saw the list and I want some info about Hassan El Fakiri. His name doesn't looks like Norwegian. Only thing I know is that he is former Brann and RBK-player.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
He's part Morrocan(one or two c's?). When he was at his best he wanted to play for Morrocco, but after he kinda disappeared he wanted to play for us again, but didn't get a real chance.

His real position is central midfield, but he's been playing right-back for Monaco. Quite talented chap, will be interesting to see how he does. Heard he's been doing fairly well with Monte Carlo. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nlz said:
Is this the best team available right now, or are you missing some key players?

I found this article from soccerway.com

Norway rest stars for Northern Ireland clash

Bergen, Feb 9 (SW) - Hareide has decided to rest John Carew and the RBK-players for Norway's friendly clash against Northern Ireland.

It had been anticipated the Norwegian team would be without some of their greatest stars for the Northern Ireland game, and Hareide confirmed the news today.

John Carew (Roma), Claus Lundekvam (Southampton), Tore Andre Flo (Siena) and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Man. Utd.) will all be rested for the trip to Belfast. Hareide also decided to let the RBK-players stay at home to prevent any injuries ahead of their side's upcoming UEFA Cup game against Benfica.

The biggest interest will be on former Brann and RBK-player Hassan El-Fakiri, currently doing fairly well in Monaco and bound to impress for his debut within the national squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder Norway can show good attack without best strikers in their country. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
oah79 said:
And if showing good form in your NT, he'll change again back to Moroccon NT ? :smileani:
Well, no, the rules don't allow for that. After he's play for one of the teams he has to play for that NT only. :)

And yes, that article summed it up pretty good, we're missing some key guys up front, still; I think our attack will do good against Northern Ireland.

Don't understand what the ":rolleyes: " is for though...

·
Registered
325 Posts
note. Fakiri handed in a request to FIFA for playing for Morocco in January but got it refused due the fact that he has done 1 friendly cap for Norway A.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
mrwolf said:
note. Fakiri handed in a request to FIFA for playing for Morocco in January but got it refused due the fact that he has done 1 friendly cap for Norway A.
Ok, thanks, I didn't know that. I've read that he said that Morrocco have asked him to play for him several times quite recently, so it must have been frustrating not getting to play for Norway when he could have played for Morrocco. He could also have played for Pakistan I read, as his dad is Pakistani.

And I must mention that I'm very glad that Hassan is a NT player now. He can't play for Morrocco, as he is a "Lyn gutt" just like me. He played at Lyn from he was 6 till 21, I still remember attending Lyn games and yelling the Hassan chant. Go Hassan! :star:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I've always thought of Hassan as Norwegian. He has played on a high level here for many years before he went to Monaco, played on our youth national teams, and he talks 100% like any other Oslo Norwegian. Good to see him play for Norway. :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
mrwolf said:
Have you read this in Moroccan media? This he said in a web chat at Dagbladet.no some days ago:

hei hassan ,vi har hørt at du skulle spille for marokko,selv er jeg marokansk jeg har leste det i marokansk avis
Innsendt av: youssef salah

Jeg har aldri uttalt meg til marokkansk presse, så det vet jeg ingenting om. Det stemmer at det marokkanske forbundet har kontaktet meg, men ingen journalister. Som sagt har jeg fortsatt følelser for det landet også.

Hilsen Hassan

------------

Har du hørt noe fra Marokko ?
Innsendt av: E_B

Marokko har kontaktet meg og ville ha meg med på landslaget, men så kom jeg fram til at det er i Norge jeg kommer til å bo senere, og jeg har en datter som kommer til å bo i Norge, så derfor falt valget på Norge. Men det var et vanskelig valg.

Read more: Møt El Fakiri
Brief translation: He says that the Moroccan FA have contacted him because they want him in the national team. But he himself have said no, and do not mention anything about FIFA...

·
Registered
325 Posts
there where an interview with moroccan coach in the moroccan media mountakhab that publiced this info some months ago. if he where granted he was supposed to play in the african nations cup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts