Xtratime Community banner

Modric's replacement in Dinamo

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to replace Modric in Dinamo???
-Sammir?
-some1 from youth squad like Havojic or Badelj?
-Anas Sharbini?
-Jajalo or Tomasov?
-Some other brazilian player?
-some other non-croatian player like Mihelic from Maribor or that Albanian player from Olympiakos Otto spoke of Hyka or sth.

Personally I would like we bring Nastja Ceh. Slovenian player currently in Khimki (Russia), he was linked with us few years ago. Excellent passing and a set piece expert.

mods pls add poll

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Anas Sharbini is a great prospect.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Sammir is huge talent but he needs to stop being so lazy.. ffs he makes Prosinecki look like hard working player.

Sharbini and Tomasov are good, but still too "green". That are not players to base your game on.

Badelj and Havojic should rather play another full season in Lokomotiva than being on bench at Dinamo.

I guess we will sign some foreign player to replace him.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Well for starters Dinamo needs to realize they won't find a new Modric. They'll just be stuck up with someone who at this point in time is miles from Modric and who'll only have a potential to become as important to Dinamo as Modric was.

To give a pressure of the new Modric onto some youngsters like Badelj or Havojic would be repeating the same mistakes that were done with Kranjcar. Lets be honest Modric almost lead Inter Zapresic to the title and Badelj and Havojic seem to be unable to even lead Lokomotiva into 2 HNL ;)

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Ye but Modric and Corluka had help of older players at Inter. Those kids at Lokomotiva have only Deda Mujcin. Not to mention that it was Modric's second senior season while Badelj, Havojic, Hudorovic... play their first full senior season.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
I'm not saying they aren't talented. I'm just saying that they haven't done anything in their career so far to place a burden of replacing Modric on them. But I don't think that another season in 3 HNL will help them. They're 19 and they need some experience on some higher level. If I was at Dinamo I wouldn't send them on loans but I'd keep them in Dinamo and gave them some time to play there. Use them as rotation players or something and if they play good give them extended run in the team.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Sharbini at the moment has the most potential to take over as an attacking playmaker and would like to have in dinamo, you can see he has that elegant touch on the ball that seperates special players from your average ones.
The question is can he continue improving or will he stagnate and stay a never ending talent. Players coming from Rijeka to dinamo have never really excelled, the pressure and responsabilty at dinamo will be something different he is use to at NK Rijeka but I think he can succeed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much would Anas Sharbini cost Mamic? iIsnt he in his agency, or is that his brother? I reckon its not bigger that 2 500 000 Euro

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
well balaban did well in dinamo, though he's the only case of rijeka player in dinamo whom i can recall actually benefited from moving to dinamo.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Hmmm.. from 3 Rijeka "homegrown" players (Saric, Balaban, Mijatovic) that moved to Dinamo from Rijeka 2 of them were more than good so dunno what you are talking about there.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
How much would Anas Sharbini cost Mamic? iIsnt he in his agency, or is that his brother? I reckon its not bigger that 2 500 000 Euro
ahmad is in mamic's agency for sure. anas i dunno. i think he's there as well, but don't take my word for it

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Hmmm.. from 3 Rijeka "homegrown" players (Saric, Balaban, Mijatovic) that moved to Dinamo from Rijeka 2 of them were more than good so dunno what you are talking about there.
hmm forgot about saric. wasn't milinovic also a homegrown rijeka player?

edit: and renato pilipovic.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
btw Kambe how on earth did you come up with Nastja Ceh :howler:...
not that I know much about him :smileani:

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
well at least that sounds more realistic than what sportske came up with - ze roberto

although when i think about it he's old enough to move to hnl to make come final cash in georg koch, fredi bobic and jens nowotny kind of way

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
ps since some people here want older replacements how about miljenko mumlek. he already overshadowed modric this spring ;)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts