Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks mainly to Atalanta, but also Udinese, Sassuolo, Sampdoria etc i think the past season saw an impressively high number of players getting their breakthrough in the league. So who is going to be star in say 3 or 5 years time and who is goung to be playing for Brescia in serie b?
Here is a list of U 23 players who a year ago were if not unknown at least with much lower expectations.

Belotti
Keita
Kessie
Schick
Gagliardini
Conti
Milinkovic-Savic
Caldara
Emerson
Petagna
Fofana
Torreira
Pellegrini
Locatelli
Jankto
G.Simeone
Chiesa
Skriniar

I probably im missing someone. Guys such as Zielinski, Romagnoli, Donnarumma, Bernardeschi were already established to a certain sense imo so i omitted them.

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Most or even all of them are going to make it if we talk about surviving in serie A or an equivalent league for 5 to 10 seasons. For example, in my opinion Gagliardini is not nearly as good as journalists, coaches and agents pretend he is, but he will hardly leave serie A any time soon now that he has moved to Inter. He has a contract with Inter till 2021, that means 4 seasons at the highest level. He will hardly leave serie A before he is past 30.
If we talk about "being a real success" then in my opinion Belotti, Schick and Keita are pretty much certainties. I bet on Torreira, Conti, Caldara, Pellegrini and Chiesa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts