Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 saw a number of players either break out and make a mark on world football, or step up from a high level already.. And who will be back perhaps.

I expect even better things for: Hamsik, Giovinco, Pato, Vela, Hernanes, Guilerhme- should they move to Europe, Busquets, Bojan. There are more of course.

I expect to step up- Gourcuff, Benzema, poss Ben Arfa, Diego, Lavezzi, Anderson- more goals perhaps, Diarra, Cassano(again), Higuain.

And to make their mark again- Ronaldinho, Podolski, Saviola?, Vieira, Ronaldo :), D'alessandro;), Aimar.

Who are you expecting to make/remake a mark?

·
Registered
741 Posts
lways wondered what happened to D'alessandro. Shame he didn't stay at Pompy.

I agree on Benzema. Boy has a lot of talent I think if he moves to another club he'll be insane!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I think Benzema would fall more under the "expect better things for" category, also Diego and perhaps Higuaín as they have all show us good things this year. I also have high hopes for Landon Donovan. He is coming of one of his best seasons ever in the MLS, has had a great showing for Bayern in January friendlies, and came on for Luca Toni in his first official Bayern game. Obviously he might not be on the level some of the stars of the continent and he probably won't displace Toni or Klose for a starting spot, but I think he will do much better at Bayern than he did at Leverkusen now that he's seemingly overcome a lot of the mental issues hampering his development.

I dunno how many of the players in the last part of your most might have a revival. Ronaldinho hasn't really started the year great, having now been on the sub's bench three times in a row and I doubt Vieira is going to do much better. Podolski if he can move away from Bayern because I doubt he can get a starting spot for the time being. If he does a move like Saviola to Pompey then maybe. Speaking of which I think Saviola could do well there as it is maller club than the ones he's been playing for where he can gain some confidence and playing time.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
IBRAHIMOVIC, this is his year. First he will eliminate that overrated clown G. Best/Cruyff wannabe and Man-U. Then he will face MESSI in the finals, and make the CULES cry :(.

and then FLORENTINO will sign him :D:D:D and he'll be given Ronaldo's mythical # 9 jersey!

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
IBRAHIMOVIC, this is his year. First he will eliminate that overrated clown G. Best/Cruyff wannabe and Man-U. Then he will face MESSI in the finals, and make the CULES cry :(.

and then FLORENTINO will sign him :D:D:D and he'll be given Ronaldo's mythical # 9 jersey!
Wait, you hate C. Ronaldo? Maybe you have a few redeeming qualities after all.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Maybe many of the young players breaking out is typical with your younger years,the Acne can be a bitch:flirt:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts