·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well rivaldo was bought as a replacement and proved worthy so who is better

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
You can't compare them . They are 2 diff players. Ronaldo is a striker and Rivaldo is more of a play maker. I would love to have them both in full form.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
they are different. you cant say hich one is better.

You would just love to have them both at the same team.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I must agree with them . You can't compare them but how
about putting them on the same team it worked for Brazil.

D

·
0 Posts
Depends, Rivaldo and a crap striker in the same team wouldn't funtion well, or Ronaldo and a crap provider/playmaker wouldn't funtion well either.

Possibly Rivaldo, if the strikers are crap, then Rivaldo will take the iniative himself and do his long-range specials, they seem to go in more than they miss.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
They are different

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ronaldo all tha'freakn way man.. Rivaldo has performed like ****e this season..

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If this discussion is about who is better ON PAPER, then it's Ronaldo. Rivaldo is a very good player with outstanding skills, but Ronaldo is a great player with exceptional skills. However, if we're talking about who is better ON GRASS, it's Rivaldo -- because right now he can walk.

I hope Ronaldo comes back slowly in the middle of the season when he don't really need him -- and when he can play without the pressure of having to prove immediately that he's the best player of his generation.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Even though they play different posititions on the team, Ronaldo is much better at his position than is Rivaldo. When you put aside the injuries he's suffered, Ronaldo is by far the most gifted striker. He's got pretty good size, yet has the dribbling skills that you might expect to find on a smaller, quicker player.

Rivaldo obviously is very skilled, but INHO he isn't any better than Zidane. He doesn't even play a central role on his team, he plays at the left. I personally feel that Rivaldo doesn't have what it takes to take control of a game and win it for his team if they need it. He may be a better individual player than say a RuiCosta or a Boban, but these guys can take the team on their shoulders and run the show.

So I would say that Ronaldo is the greatest striker in the world, and has a lot more competition to compare him to. Rivaldo, who despite playing on the left is a playmaker, has a lot less competition as there aren't nearly as many playmakers as strikers.

Ronaldo wins hands down.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts