Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question was more difficult last year, because ALmeyda was simply awesome all season. For now I don't think there can be much doubt that Davids is the better player.
If You saw Juve-Lazio I suspect You all noticed the difference in pace. On a number of occasions Davids simply outran Almeyda while in possesion.
They're both marvellous and I would call them nr.1 and 2 as well. I suppose Roy Keane deserves to be mentioned somewhere, but I just dislike him too much to do so...

EDGAR ALL THE WAY :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think Almeyda and davids are the best defensive midfielder in the world. But, i don't know who is the best.

CAN U HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS QUESTION???

FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
When I lived in Italy in 96-99 Almeyda was already a great player. But as Glen said he was to get better; last season he was quite simply awesome, and should have got much more credit. He was Lazio's heart and their piston. Something Veron will never be, Almeyda plays FOR LAZIO, he always has, he cares.

Davids is a brilliant player, because of which I hate. There is a cynical/brutish level to his play that Almeyda doesn't have (but they get booked just as frequently). At the moment they both play in great midfields.

But for me, sempre Almeyda

Keane? He can **** off, his name shouldn't be written on the same page as Almeyda.

I hope Real turn the Scum over tonight. Or maybe not as I would like to see Lazio hammer the filth in the final.

SCOTTISHTONY

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Davids had a though time in Milan and Almeyda was bought for a low price from Spain because no one else wanted him - I bet both Milan and the Spanish club regret their decisions alot these days :).

Almeyda was outstanding last season and he was great the season before - but the redcard in the UEFA final was a Couto.

Davids has been great since he came back from his eye thing and today Davids is better then Almeyda but as players it´s impossible to separate the both. If I could pick Lazio would play 3 - 5 - 2 with both Almeyda and Davids as defending midfielders :)

I love both players for their skill but I think that in the heart of matters Almeyda is a better player - look how he has comeback from all injuries.

B

·
0 Posts
Davids is probably the most complete footballer in the world at present!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Davids is DEFINITELY better.PLUS I would rate both Redondo and Keane over Almeyda because they can pass and attack as well.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMO; I don't think You're entirely fair with Almeyda here. He's deifnately a good passer as well. Since he's come back from injury Veron has looked better. Mainly because Almeyda's workrate takes some defensive obligations off his back, but also because Almeyda is great at the shortpassing game. The two of them have a great understanding together, and I think Almeyda has proved that his mind is just quicker than Simeone and Sensini's for that sort of game.
I would never select Redondo over him- not anymore at least. Almeyda doesn't make anywhere near the amount of errors Redondo does, and that would be my reason.
Saying that Almeyda was nr. 2 in my book was a bit pre-mature as I'd forgot Emerson. That kid is sensational.

Svennis; In the heart of matters Almeyda is the better player? What heart of matter is that? I don't want to be as straightforward as Bettega, but I must admit I think he has a point. Davids can play Central, anchor, offense, left mid. and he does it all spledidly. He's one of the fastest players around, dribbles well, tackles well, passes well, has an enourmous workrange, has a good shot, never quits. I really must admit I think his versatility gives him the crown here.

Scottish Tony; Yes he's a Juventus player, but just as I admit that Nedved is better than Pessotto, Nesta better than Montero and for the duel of the subs Deki is better than Oliseh, sure you can be a neutral observer ?

Otherwise You'd be saying that Marchegiani is better than Van Der Sar?

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
No Glen,I was tottaly fair.Almeyda is the best when it comes to anchoring,but the man cant pass.The only way to help the offence of his team is like the goal against Parma,not something likely,right? Almeyda is brillaint when you have a man to make your game like Veron.But the polayers mentioned above,aka Davids,Redondo and Keane (YUCK! :() are more complete.Redondo may be a bit softer,than the rest but he is simply a complete player to make your game,defend and pass.

Dont get me wrong,I like Almeyda and I hate Keane and slightly dislike Redondo but this is what I believe.Almeyda is good,but not complete.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
I'd go with Davids as the best defensive midfielder. Also i thought he was the best player of the world cup.
Special mentions to Redondo,Rincon (amazing but mercenary), Vampeta and Emerson.
And I really do think Roy Keane is extremely overated....that he would flop in most continental european teams...although his work rate is very good, but lacks skill and vision

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Davids is a greater leader than Almeyda and he can also play as right midfielder.
I think Davids is more complete.

But the best defensive midfielder is Pep Guardiola, he is fantastic just look at his assist to Kluiverts goal against valencia.
He is also more important for his team than both Davids and Almeyda.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think Almeyda is more skillful, he is better in physical condition (stronger), yet he does not have the spirit of Davids. The dutch is a fighter, he never gives up. Yet Davids is far more technical than Almeyda, but Almeyda seems far more calm on his possition and has great supply to the fight for the ball and its keeping because of this quality. Anyway, I'd always prefer an argentinian, I guess I find them as one of the best players in the world.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I would say that Davids is better than Almedya!!!

As for Keane...please no mention of Man Scum in this forum of all places!!!!!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Bulls**t!!!!!!!!!!!
Davids,Keane,Redondo all suck!!!!
Almeyda&Jeremies Rule!!!

FORZA LAZIO!!!!!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Jeremies...---->>> DISGUSTING!!!!!
F*** him!!
I hate him!!
How can anybody like him!!??
Only if you're a german, you can like him, otherwise.....I wont see why!

Davids is the best in these days from the ones mentioned above, the Dutch Pitbull!
He fights for every breath he has, even if it would kill him.

Keane is good, he is the director for ManU, and he, hate saying it, deserves it.
But of course Almeyda is very good aswell, dont let any mistakes made about that though.
And Redondo, tonight he played a great match again, havent seen him do that in a long time.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Easy guys , don't use that kind of words .....

From juve-Lazio , we can see that Davids is better than Almeyda (just you need to know , Almeyda is my favorite player in Lazio) .

Davids' passes were accurate and he's so wild :) , I know both of them are hard working type , but IF .. if Almeyda a little bit wilder , then I'll go to them both , but Davids this season is better than Almeyda .

·
Registered
421 Posts
hi
i've been out of 2 weeks
without adoubt i'm with almeyda
he have all the skills wanted in DM position
for me guys almeyda,redondo,davids are the best DM's in the world
almeyda have alot of things to better than
any deffensive medfeilder
i know davids show good form in this season
he is too good