Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main purpose of this post is to find out who all here is attending the match on the 12th. I remember reading some earlier post and was wondering about how many people from this board are going ?? I just got my tickets and am really excited to go. Also on a much sadder not , i want to apoligize for the lack of posting n my behalf . Last week my sister and 3 of her/ my friends got into a horrific car accident. I dont feel like going into great detail but the bottom line is that no one should have even survived the accident and my sister and one friend are already out of the hospital , the other 2 still have a ways to go. But like i said the details i will save , the bottom line is that i havve just not had the time or the want as of late . Anyhow things are getting better slowly so i will try to post more regularly once again

Sincerly

Austin

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm certainly sorry to hear about your sister but very happy for you that she wasn't too seriously injured. No need to apologize for not posting when something like that is going on in your life.

On a happier note, OSF and I will be at the match. I believe Freddie was making noises about going. That's all I know so far.

Where are your seats?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am sitting with sams army , i am a member , i am not sure of the exact location as of yet , i would have to check there site , i will check and let you know

·
Registered
674 Posts
Lil,

God speed to you and your family, sister and friends. Take some time for yourself, too. An incident like this is sometimes more life changing than at first it seems.

We all are so glad that your sister is out of danger. Posting? Hell, it's hard to admit, but there ARE some things more important than soccer forums. Our friend and former regular poster Goalie-O (AKA the "Keeper") has been taking care of his very ill father for the past nine months. We miss him and think of him often. He'll re-emerge someday.

The best to you,

Oldplayer

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Well said Oldplayer.

Lil...wish your sister and her friends a speedy recover. Sports is sports, but life and good health are more important.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Count my best thoughts with the others for your sister and her friends, and OP gives sound advice to pay attention to whats going on inside of yourself too.

I'm a big old el cheapo, so I'm still hoping to score a freebie ticket for the game. I can't remember his handle right now, but our Uruguayan friend from Toronto is coming with his dad

·
Registered
674 Posts
Lil:

BTW, one of the very best ways to take care of your mental side is simple . . . PLAY SOME FOOTIE!

I'm sure the old guys on this board all will second that.

Oldplayer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts