Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the historically big clubs has had the longest streak where they didnt win the Scudetto or any other trophies??

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I would suppose that was Milans first 40 years as a club, but I don't suppose that would count as they where not a big club before they began to win. ;) We must first decide upon which clubs count as historically big, is it only Milan/Inter/Juve or does clubs like Torino and Bologna count?

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Like Kris said, it depends on your definition of a "big" club. In Italy, Milan, Inter and Juve are the 3 teams with the star embroidered on their shirts, in which a star represents 10 scudetti won.

Genoa is the club closest to the "star" as they had won 9 scudetti in their history, though their last scudetto was way back in 1924, which means they have gone through 81 years without winning the title. In professional sports, I think the Boston Red Sox had the longest run of 86 years without winning the title, and the curse was finally broken in 2004.

Genoa has up to 2010 to win the scudetto or they'll beat the record held by the Red Sox :shades:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
No cricket trophies in the early days guys? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts