Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Half of season has been played and IMO we have been better than last year. We dont have problems against the small teams, away or home. The games against reggina and Empoli was very bad from our side but we have won difficult games against Ancona, Lecce, Samdoria and Modena.

So my question is: Who has been the diffrence this year? Who has been best?

Morfeo?
Adriano?
Ferrari?
Barone?

IMO Morfeo has been truly brilliant. I really believed in him when we signed him but he has even been better than I could imagine. He has a truly great passingskill and is what we missed last year. Nakata was signed to do the job he is doing right now. So he has been the diffrence against this small teams IMO.

Another player who has devopled a lot is Barone. Last year in the beginning he was benched and considered as nobody. Then he took the chance at the end of season and has continued playing great this season. He really deserves the NT.

Players like Gilardino, Blasi and Marchionni has also been great and should be mentioned. And lets not forget our great brazilian Adriano:star:.

My second question is the one who has been bad this year.

To be honest I thought Bresciano would be better. He showed great skills in the beginning but has after that been crap. He really should start produce again if he wants a regular place.

Bonera and Castellini hasnt been so good either.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The best would have been Adriano if he hadn't been injured. The most positive surprise is Marchionni though. I really didn't believe he had it in him. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Morfeo, even if he's not so good against the big sides or when he's man marked.

Barone, Ferrari, Frey, Junior and most of the others have just kept on and even improved on what they did last season.

I don't agree that Castellini and Bonera have been bad though. They haven't been spectacular but they are not bad either.

On the downside there is Bresciano, who looked awesome early on... I also think Nakata should have put up more of a fight for a place in the team...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts

Morfeo? Definetly best player this year...
Adriano? Could well have been but got injured
Ferrari? Solid and consistent...
Barone? Has his ups and downs but solid overall.

"My second question is the one who has been bad this year?"

Definetly Bresciano and Seric because I expect much much better from them both...Cannavaro as well has been disappointing when he has started. No one else really...Oyola has surprised me a little...Coppa Italia matches he seems quite good...so does most of our Primavera players brought to the first team.

I'm expecting better things to come from Filippini...Cardone...and obviously Seric and especially Bresciano till the end of the season.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VERDI said:
The best would have been Adriano if he hadn't been injured. The most positive surprise is Marchionni though. I really didn't believe he had it in him. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Morfeo, even if he's not so good against the big sides or when he's man marked.

Barone, Ferrari, Frey, Junior and most of the others have just kept on and even improved on what they did last season.

I don't agree that Castellini and Bonera have been bad though. They haven't been spectacular but they are not bad either.

On the downside there is Bresciano, who looked awesome early on... I also think Nakata should have put up more of a fight for a place in the team...
Maybe Bonera hasnt been bad but surely we must demand more from him as one of the "stars". He is being linked to Milan, Juventus etc etc but is he really that good?

Thats my point.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaGa said:

Morfeo? Definetly best player this year...
Adriano? Could well have been but got injured
Ferrari? Solid and consistent...
Barone? Has his ups and downs but solid overall.

"My second question is the one who has been bad this year?"

Definetly Bresciano and Seric because I expect much much better from them both...Cannavaro as well has been disappointing when he has started. No one else really...Oyola has surprised me a little...Coppa Italia matches he seems quite good...so does most of our Primavera players brought to the first team.

I'm expecting better things to come from Filippini...Cardone...and obviously Seric and especially Bresciano till the end of the season.
I cant agree on Seric. Its not his fault that Junior is in great shape. Seric started the season really well but unfortantly he did one bad game. And Junior was given the chance and really took it. Cardone has been injured for like 6 months so we really should expekt much from him. Filippini was allways considered as a bencher so...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah Bonera doesn't meet expectations...but I do feel we miss his presence at RB that for sure. It says a lot about how well he does his job...maybe we as fans expect too much and have been too critical of his performances.

But on the other hand if he wants to play for Milan or Juve he will need to start bettering himself and his game overall.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ltes put it this way. He isnt any Thuram. The problem with him is that he is really stupid. For real. The guys goes out to media and express his love for Milan. How tha fúck can I then like a player like him. Offcourse a lot of this feelings are with when I judge him. But still, he hasn´t been so good like the media is saying. He has a lot to improve. Like it is today we can sell him and buy a much cheaper player who does that job as good.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Ah come on, give the guy a break. Thuram is Thuram and no-one comes close to him at right back.

The guy said he supports Milan, so? He is playing here now and as long as he is giving 100% then that is good enough for me. He is a a talented player, maybe some people over-rated him a little too highly when he came here.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amiumtaur said:
Ah come on, give the guy a break. Thuram is Thuram and no-one comes close to him at right back.

The guy said he supports Milan, so? He is playing here now and as long as he is giving 100% then that is good enough for me. He is a a talented player, maybe some people over-rated him a little too highly when he came here.
Zanetti is as good as Thuram if not better as right back.

Ok. He supports Milan but who gives a fück? I dont. No Parmafans does. Why does he then say things to make us smaller?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The reason we miss Bonera's "presence" at right back, which we don't, is because we don't have another natural replacement. Cardone is still not in full swing after his injury and Paolo Cannavaro is not a right back... give him 6 months of regular playing time there as we did with Bonera last season and he'll be equally good, which is not much. Sorry, but how can anyone NOT label Bonera a dissapointment is beyond me. But the most dissapointing player has definitely been Bresciano.

Man of the season: Matteo Ferrari. Would prolly have been Adriano but he god injured. Marchionni also comes to mind, as does Barone and Frey.

Reality is, excluding Adriano's fireworks which were kind of natural due to him being our only real goal threat and all that, we don't have any players that really do stand out like Mutu did last season.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
The thing is - he is a player and NOT a fan. He is probably a fan of Brescia and Milan ..

I am confident he will remain giving 100% while he is here.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AMOROSO! said:
The reason we miss Bonera's "presence" at right back, which we don't, is because we don't have another natural replacement. Cardone is still not in full swing after his injury and Paolo Cannavaro is not a right back... give him 6 months of regular playing time there as we did with Bonera last season and he'll be equally good, which is not much. Sorry, but how can anyone NOT label Bonera a dissapointment is beyond me. But the most dissapointing player has definitely been Bresciano.

Man of the season: Matteo Ferrari. Would prolly have been Adriano but he god injured. Marchionni also comes to mind, as does Barone and Frey.

Reality is, excluding Adriano's fireworks which were kind of natural due to him being our only real goal threat and all that, we don't have any players that really do stand out like Mutu did last season.
Agree that on Bonera Amo.

But why dont you mention Morfeo?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Dean - I don't really give a fvck who he supports, or what he says for that matter (although his comments are annoying), what I do give a fvck about is how he plays, and he is not playing good. Sorry. Adriano probably is a Flamengo fan and Junior a Palmeiras fan but they play good while Bonera doesn't - do you see the difference? I didn't blame him for his alliance but the level of his game...

Prof: Cause I forgot. :eek:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Yes- Bresciano is the worst in Parma...am I the worst in this forum too :stress:? ;)

I think Adriano had been 'the great one' but he got injured. So it's for me Matteo Ferrari- the leader. Marchionni surpriced much too.

I hope for Paolino!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Dean - I don't really give a fvck who he supports, or what he says for that matter (although his comments are annoying), what I do give a fvck about is how he plays, and he is not playing good. Sorry. Adriano probably is a Flamengo fan and Junior a Palmeiras fan but they play good while Bonera doesn't - do you see the difference? I didn't blame him for his alliance but the level of his game...
I haven't seen too much football this year, so I can't comment too much, when I have seen him he has done alright.

From my point of view - I expected more, but, on the other hand he hasn't been bad either, if he stays he stays, and likewise if he goes he goes.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Shero said:
Ltes put it this way. He isnt any Thuram. The problem with him is that he is really stupid. For real. The guys goes out to media and express his love for Milan. How tha fúck can I then like a player like him. Offcourse a lot of this feelings are with when I judge him. But still, he hasn´t been so good like the media is saying. He has a lot to improve. Like it is today we can sell him and buy a much cheaper player who does that job as good.
Oh please... Get over it... We don't even know what he's really said. Players like Gilardino and Frey have been quoted with similar things too...

Whenever I see us play I think Bonera looks really solid and also goes forward in a good way, combining well with Marchionni. I don't see why we should crucify him over a few statements. (Yes, I know you'll go with Amo on this and claim that the article had nothing to do with it. I think it had.) Cannavaro's been much worse, still you're eager to have him replace either Bonera or Castellini. You're not being fair.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Marchionni!

He is a player reborn!

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VERDI said:
Oh please... Get over it... We don't even know what he's really said. Players like Gilardino and Frey have been quoted with similar things too...

Whenever I see us play I think Bonera looks really solid and also goes forward in a good way, combining well with Marchionni. I don't see why we should crucify him over a few statements. (Yes, I know you'll go with Amo on this and claim that the article had nothing to do with it. I think it had.) Cannavaro's been much worse, still you're eager to have him replace either Bonera or Castellini. You're not being fair.
Frey and Gilardino is doing a good job. Do you see the diffrence?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts