Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think they should orginis and friendly game ethar serbia or IRAQ. coz there well be a lot of fans turning up coz both nationaltys LOVE soccer...........

·
Registered
231 Posts
What about against ourselves. Or how about a good public relations exercise and play an 11 from our asylam seekers and stick little Johnny Arthur from Canberra smack bang in the midfield:)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
PORTUGAL!!!?. Why would we want to play such a mediocre opponent :confused: ;) ? If the Finns beat them 4-1 in Portugal then i think we'd win by at least 6 or 7 goals :tongue: :stuckup: :D

Nah seriously i'd be happy if our NT played anybody ranked in the top 100 (preferably top 60 ). Obviously European teams would be an advantage since we'd be able to field a strong team everytime since out entire squad is based there. And i disagree that we wouldn't be able to train ourselves against different styles such as thr African and South American ones since there are many variations in style between the various european regions and even individual teams :)

I gotta say i like NANDO's idea too :D :nasty: :dielaugh:. Although as a curtain raiser, i think we should have an asylum seeker XI v a Politicians XI. That game could get very nasty and it might take soe time to find a suitable referee :D :excited:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
We need to play some of the top European and South American nations. We did have the Italy game which was called off but have played France but that was in Australia and most of the French side weren't happy about travelling to Oz.

We also did play Czech Rep and Hungary at their homes in the last couple of years but that's about it.

Anthony, I like your idea :D

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I say the Rep. Ireland. It would be an awsome game and ther are many Irish people in Australia that would go to see it...

·
International
9,526 Posts
bunch of stuck up cnuts, New Zealand isn't good enough for you any more eh;) Can't be bothered getting over and giving us our annual kicking....well bugger off...we don't want you anyway....bunch of [email protected]:tongue:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
We can beat u bloke's anytime. We need some real soccer... :tongue: Just messing FE. That's a good point, we could play NZ more often but I guess with the Oceania Championship comming up we will get a chance to play u. As long as Fiji don't rip us...:tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts