Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 rounds of the hardest state championship of Brazil, who do you think will be the winner?

Beginning with the four biggest teams in the state...
Sao Paulo
Santos
Corinthians
Sao Cateano

Who do you think will be the winner?

Sao Paulo basically kept the same team as last year's and with three reinforcements...

Santos also kept most of last year's team and some reinforcments such as the guy who stopped Luis Fabiano in Libertadores semi-final.

Corinthias payed a crazy amount of money to get players such as Tevez, Carlos Alberto and more...

Sao Caetano lost most of its team, but has a new coach who should not be under estimated...

The fight is going to be good, it is still a tight race because of only 4 rounds being done...
Sao Paulo is currently in first place with 12 points, followed by Santos...

Who will win?

PS: Don't under estimate the "interior" teams, because they've got one shot to strike it big...and they will use their chances against the big guns

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
easy one: São Paulo FC cuz as you said: the world's best since 1935!! :D

It's quite hard to say who will win right now, both São Paulo and Santos have good teams and IMO they are a little ahead from the others. Palmeiras has a good team too but a few problems i think, they are too inconsistent. Los Gambacticos are the joke of the year, it will be hard to Tite get things to work in such a quick campeonato. And the interior teams as u said cant be under estimate, but in the new paulistão i dont think they have much change cuz there will not be a mata-mata where they always suprised the big clubs.....

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Welcome to XT, Bryan! :)

And as for the Paulistão... it's hard to predict. The Libertadores will have an indirect effect on the outcome of the tournament, because three of the usual title contenders (Santos, São Paulo and Palmeiras) will be playing both the Paulista and the continental tournament, and their priority will inevitably be the latter. :undecide:

If all teams were devoting equal attention to the Paulistão I'd go for São Paulo, but since SP has been dreaming of the Libertadores since Tele Santana left their energies will be totally focused on that dream. So I really think it's wide open for all four candidates (I'm dismissing São Caetano because I don't believe their glory days will come back, the "New Bragantino" fairytale is over).

I don't know. Ask me again after a couple of Paulista derbies, they'll probably be decisive in this tight race.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I'd say Corinthians. ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I actually saw Corinthians the other night playing some team I'd never heard of (sorry :embarass: ) and they looked flat. In fact, the other guys were winning well into hte second half. Perhaps time to gel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Garrincha, I found this website not too long ago and began reading the great posts, so I decided to join and talk about the world's best sport..

This round, Sao Paulo has really not shown their best game and have conceded a draw with Uniao Barbarense.....

In the meantime, Santos won and Santos is currently first along with Sao Paulo....

Corinthians also won and that fears me....lol

The only good news that came out of this round of Paulistao 05 is that Palmeiras lost, ;), but it is going to be a fight till the end of the 19th round, thats for sure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts