Xtratime Community banner

481 - 500 of 513 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
From the first round of games....it looks like Portugal, Germany, Spain, and Holland are going to be the major players....

·
Registered
66,262 Posts
Spain definatley weren't at their best today despite the score line. They couldn't impose their preffered style on Russia. I expect to see a more ball possession game from Spain from now on.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
I choose holland. Man i dont care , they have a strker , a gk and A midfield....thats enuff for me , I dunno abt their depth , but they look like a well balanced team

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
People often get fooled by the score line. Holland scored one offside goal and on two counter attacks. First after a save on the goal line by Van Bronckhorst and then after a super save from Van der Sar on Pirlo's freekick. If either of those had resulted in a goal instead we could have been looking at a completely different result in the end. So small are the margins. But as always, the winners writes the history. :)
It wasn't offside :dielaugh: I really don't care anymore. Italy was steam-rolled by Holland. Unless they change their tactics and instill a few new players, I'm going to write them off.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
It wasn't offside :dielaugh: I really don't care anymore. Italy was steam-rolled by Holland. Unless they change their tactics and instill a few new players, I'm going to write them off.

What's so funny? How many people knew about that dodgy rule
before the the game itself?

In terms of how the group is set up, we still have a very good
chance to qualify, if anything I'd rather get a spancking now
while something can be salvaged, then in the knock out stages.

Good second half yesterday btw :thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
lol i picked holland a long time ago and today they proved me rite again!!

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
For those that think Holland will go far, you are in for a big surprise. Don't let a few counterattacks fool you. This cup is going to Italy. The luckiest team in the world after Liverpool

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Nostradamus Part I - on Portugal.

They dont have what it takes to win. I'm gonna go on record and
say that on Xtratime! :stuckup:

I'm not convinced by France either.

Edit: For the record, Portugal is my second team after Italy but
I'm afraid, these 3 weeks is a waste of time for them.

Nostradamus Part II - on Portgual V Germany.

Portugal did outplay Turkey, but then Turks arent that strong in
my opinion, yes they are a bigger test than Poland, but you know
what I mean.

You're looking at all these class players, and something is missing
I would have thought Scolari after how long in the job, would put
his finger on it and get it right.

I liked Moutinho, Pepe, Boswinga, of course C. Ron, Simao does
have his moments. I honestly think if Portual played Germany it
would be a repeat of the WC, they will shut you down and get a
goal or two.

Average XT member's response.:pp

LL, for the love of... please man, don't even bring up that game. That was a 3rd place consolation game where 7 of the 11 starters were back-ups, and 3 of the 11 hadn't seen a second of action in the tournament. Nothing can be taken from that game.

Nostradamus Part III on Italy.

What's so funny? How many people knew about that dodgy rule
before the the game itself?

In terms of how the group is set up, we still have a very good
chance to qualify, if anything I'd rather get a spancking now
while something can be salvaged, then in the knock out stages.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. :proud:

·
Registered
109 Posts
This might sound weird to some, but my opinion is, whoever wins the match between Holland and Russia will win the Euro 2008 Cup.

Never underestimate the power and the will of the Russians let alone their world class master coach Guus Hiddink. But if Holland can get over the Russians, there will be no stopping them now. Not even the luck of the Italians or the Germans. Holland has a loooong history of scores to settle; especially with Germany e.g. WC1974, and also four years later; 1978, just missing out in Argentina when last minute they hit the post and Argentina went on to win the match and the World Cup. Holland is the hungriest team of all the rest, and in football sometimes that works for you if you can back it up with talent, which Holland have.

·
Registered
368 Posts
while I wouldnt bet against Russia winning the Euros, lets not forget that Guus has traditionally ended up "doing well" with the teams he has managed - without actually going all the way. in fact, his teams have a knack of getting knocked out in the semis. :pp

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
After yesterdays performance, I'm backing Russia. Brilliant display against the Dutch and if they do go on to win the cup, then they'll be worthy champs.

They looked dodgy in their campaign and their first match in group stages but they really have stepped it up to total brilliance.

I also have a soft spot for Turkey. It would be brilliant if it was a Russia-Turkey final.

481 - 500 of 513 Posts