Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt saw such a thread for a long long time :D

Im not asking who's better but who do you like more, who would like to have more in you team?

A pool would be good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Silly thread.

What can Lampard do besides from a hard shot?

Most of his goals are deflections and penalties.

Gerrard can do everything and isn't a lazy fatboy like Lumpard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
Lampard as he is a top attacking midfielder who scores sh*tloads of goals, even if alot of them are defelcted of Drogba's ear.

Gerrard seems to me a jack of all midfield trades but master of none. He is good in DM but he is no Makelele etc. He is a good attacking midfielder but he ant no Kaka, Ronaldinho, Lampard etc. He is a good right midfielder but he ant no Figo etc. He is a good left midfielder but he ant no Nedved, Zidane etc.

He seems to be an old school box to box midfielder that is not used so much in the modern game. In that sense he is a poor mans Roy Keane.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Gerrard more but i would chose Lampard in my team... well, Gerrard is in my team actually :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Depends on the game. Lampard tends to do better against smaller teams where he can get forward lots and score and assist a lot too.
Gerrard is better than Lampard against the bigger teams. Lampard tends to drop deeper because he is forced to help out with defensive duties and often goes missing, no longer providing any type of threat going forward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FiveMagics said:
He seems to be an old school box to box midfielder that is not used so much in the modern game. In that sense he is a poor mans Roy Keane.
... and yet his performance and contribution in the CL last year was unbelievable. :rolleyes:.

PS. You'r comparing him to the best players in their positions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FiveMagics said:
Imagine Gerrard and Lampard in a midfield combo together! how awesome would that be!

... oh wait a minute .. :hangover:
Yeah :D... they suck! :sigh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,120 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Imagine Gerrard and Lampard in a midfield combo together! how awesome would that be!

... oh wait a minute .. :hangover:
:howler: I actually think both are nothing really grand. England have a good depth in the midfield but as far as I can see the real stars are missing there is no player who can out proform any of the big stars. Anyway J. Cole will be more important to England then both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,007 Posts
Deo said:
... and yet his performance and contribution in the CL last year was unbelievable. :rolleyes:.

PS. You'r comparing him to the best players in their positions.
you totally missed the point.
FiveMagics said:
Gerrard seems to me a jack of all midfield trades but master of none.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,204 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Lampard as he is a top attacking midfielder who scores sh*tloads of goals, even if alot of them are defelcted of Drogba's ear.

Gerrard seems to me a jack of all midfield trades but master of none. He is good in DM but he is no Makelele etc. He is a good attacking midfielder but he ant no Kaka, Ronaldinho, Lampard etc. He is a good right midfielder but he ant no Figo etc. He is a good left midfielder but he ant no Nedved, Zidane etc.

He seems to be an old school box to box midfielder that is not used so much in the modern game. In that sense he is a poor mans Roy Keane.
gerrard can score goals, take set pieces and tackle not foul....so hes a lot better than roy keane ever was....and give me gerrard everyday of the week
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top