Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a few players I miss:

Rivaldo - There will never be a player like him. We have Ronaldinho, but Ronaldinho is Ronaldinho and Rivaldo is Rivaldo :proud: I will never forget that left foot of his :star:

Luis Enrique - Irreplaceable :star:

Cocu - I just wish Cocu was a decade younger, because we need a player like him. He can head the ball, he's strong and he's a true professional. I still think that we need a player like him in our present squad - is Mark Van Bommel the answer?

Riquelme - This man is a f*cking genius, but it's such a shame that we'll never see him wear the Blaugrana colours again :(

This isn't a debate, but who you do miss the most?

I'm sure posters who have supported Barça for longer than I have (since 2000) will have some interesting comments.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I miss Pep:( I really miss him, he was such a pressence.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah I really miss Rivaldo, Luis Enrique, and Guradiola. Luis Enrique was a true leader on the field.

By the way I watched a show about Luis Enrique, the show is called football legends, they showed a clip when we won the Spanish Cup, what's funny is that next to him was Figo, Ronaldo, and Mourinho! I forgot the name of the square that the team usually celebrates its trophies, but I found the clip amusing sort of ironic.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Great thread, BF :)

Here's my list:

Hristo Stoichkov ... I support Barça since 1994 and I still remember Stoichkov for his character. Though being a bulgarian he was catalan through and through and an 150 percent antimadridista. Still nowadays he never misses to shoot verbally at the side from the capital. He had his heart on his tongue. Additionally he scored some use- and beautyful goals.

Luis Enrique ... For me Luis Enrique was Barça in the late nienties. He was the heart and the spirit, he was the emergency-drive when the whole team's tanks were empty. Need I say anything more? I will never forget "El Derbi" in Camp Nou of 1999! Luis Enrique scored two in a game that could easily have seen him score 4. Real Madrid never stood a chance.

Rivaldo ... pure magic. For me the most complete offensive player of all time! Scored the finalizing and breathtaking 3:0 in the "El Derbi" mentioned beforewards.

De La Pena ... some spanish journalist, as I can recall, once, regarding the players youth stages, said something about him like: "De La Pena had more talent in his right foot then Raul had in his whole body!" I just went mad when he came up with one of those 50-metre-passes which landed exactly on the foot of some winger. He made it into the national team now, playing for Espanyol. Who know's, maybe we'll see his magic in blaugrana again one day. Though I fear that's not very likely.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
And do you remember Luis Enrique celebrating with the Real Madrid fans? Wearing a Barca shirt and having just scored against the Merengues at the Bernabeu? Unbelievable stuff! :proud:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Rod said:
And do you remember Luis Enrique celebrating with the Real Madrid fans? Wearing a Barca shirt and having just scored against the Merengues at the Bernabeu? Unbelievable stuff! :proud:
Yeah, that was incredible, I think it was in 1998, wasn't it? This man was just outstanding! Força Luis Enrique!

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
lucho of course man...............that celebrtaion against real madrid fans and that barking and leadership was simply amazing..............i have seen defensive midfielders do it but a forward doing it with all the passion is simply great..................he was a perfect guy all the way...............

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I miss Kluivert :glasses: :rolleyes:

Seriously Rivaldo was a magician and he had that something which none of our players have atm, the ability to conjure a goal out of nowhere (or a set piece). And he also wasn't afraid to have a shot at goal, which most of our players are (with Deco as the sole exception)

How Spain miss Luis Enrique.. :cry: If there was a prize awarded for total football, he would win it for sure..

Strange as it may sound, I miss Ronaldo. I can only imagine how great he would have been had he stayed at Barca.. :proud:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Rivo, Pep, Abelardo, Sergi, Koeman, Amor, Hristo, Zubi, Oscar, Lucho, Txiki, Cocu, Eusebio, Nadal, Urruti, Salin... I don't think I need to keep going, because I'll be here forver!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I miss Pep Guardiola. Of course, other players too, but I think that Guardiola left in a sad situation and I've never known the truth... there is something that I don't know yet and I guess that he'll never tell us why, because his love for the club and his class as a person won't let him to talk bad about people who is not in the club anymore.

I wish he comes back soon to the club, his house.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I miss Pep Guardiola. Of course, other players too, but I think that Guardiola left in a sad situation and I've never known the truth... there is something that I don't know yet and I guess that he'll never tell us why, because his love for the club and his class as a person won't let him to talk bad about people who is not in the club anymore.

I wish he comes back soon to the club, his house.
Has gaspart been awarded the biggest Real Madrid fan of all time award yet?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts