Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this year was good, it was excellent compared to the ones before.

So, next year, who do we need?

i personally think we need a creative midfield who is also tough enough. Since Hutchison is leaving next year, therefore, another key man is needed. John Collins do show glimsp of this role but he lacks consistancy throughout the year.

Someone like Davids would be wonderful, but of course we don't have the fundings for such prestigious purchase.

Our young players such as Jevons, Jeffers and Ward are very promising. Along with the already noticed like Ball, Dunne and Cadarmatteri (sorry cannot spell!) Everton's future is looking good.

Good coach, understanding Owner, Quality first team players and Promising young stars.
Is this the first glimsp of European soccer??

I live in Hong kong and cannot always see Everton matches, so please tell me whos playing well and whos not!
Thanks!

GO EVERTON

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
need some young defenders. yar, dunne is not bad, but someone like ferdinand is needed, coz gough is getting on, but itll be hard to find a good defender, coz one of the big teams'll pick him up. maybe look at first division, like how southampton bought dean richards...

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Ball should play and I really don't know why Unsworth is continually played at left back. He should play in the centre of defence with A NEW PLAYER.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, i agree, Unsworth should move into the middle and Ball fill in the left D position. Wier and Gough can fill the other 2 spots. Dunne would be given more playing time it i think, since Gough is aging and can't play forever. I still thinks Everton lacks another Collins, if Hutchison goes then his spot would needed to be replaced. Perhaps sign a player from Lower divisions as Loose Moose said?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha- this forum is so funny. Even saying Everton and Davids or R.Ferdinand in the same sentence makes me laugh.
Keep dreaming boys

------------------
Soccer predictions, win $500... http://www.europeanfooty.com

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing that worries me is the age of some of our top players.
I mean Gough and Collins are vital to the team but they won't be able to play very many more seasons :(

WS seems to be quite good at buying bargain players but if we want world-class players then we should probably look to our youth system. We should follow West Ham and Liverpool's example... produce more players of Jeffers and Ball's quality.

We must also keep Hutchison. He is the heart of our team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts