Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most american fans know, bruce arena's contract with the ussf runs out at the end of calendar 2002. arena has been noncommittal regarding his future plans, and his agent claims he has offers from first division and premiership clubs.

so what does everyone think?
is he staying?
if he leaves, who's next?
if he does leave, is american soccer falling back in the hole it climbed out of in korea?
can anyone say BORA?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
You mean BoraDom ???? ???

Im sure the USSF will offer Mr. Arena a hefty package come time for his contract renewal/extension !!!! ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
they'd be fools not to bring him back... whatever the price, give it to him
after all if it aint broke, dont fix it

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Bring back Bruce as well as the rest of the E Street Band....;)

I think that Arena will be staying on as coach. If not, maybe a Clive Charles will be good. He has coached a few of the young guys in the youth NT's...I think that he can make the step up to NT coach....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry Colo but I dont like Clive Charles at all !!!!! I think that if Bruce does go , then the man that should get the job is Bob Bradely. or Steve Sarachin ( sp ? )

However I do think that Bruce will stay on board for another 4 years.

·
94,487 Posts
Austin said:
Sorry Colo but I dont like Clive Charles at all !!!!! I think that if Bruce does go , then the man that should get the job is Bob Bradely. or Steve Sarachin ( sp ? )

However I do think that Bruce will stay on board for another 4 years.
Dude..Im not the One suggesting C Charles..It was JureM ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
oops my mistake , first i call of osf and now this , I think the old age is rubbing off on me

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I like Clive Charles, but I think they will go with someone with a little "more" experience ... Carlos Queiroz comes to mind.

Why? He has experience in US and International Soccer. He was one of the architech of the development of the socall Golden Generation in Portugese football. I think he would have been US Soccers' choice post Bora, but they didn't have the money to woo him.

He did a detailed study of US soccer for the federation that is the cornerstone of the 2010 speculation.

He recently signed a deal with Man Utd as an assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson; he may be vying for the top job 3-4 years hence.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I really can't put a finger on why, but I've never been that high on Clive.

Arena's our first choice. But, if he moves on, Sarachin and Bradley probably head the list. I'd love to see Ray Hudson run the team. He would be a blast, but I don't think the team would be very good.

How about Guus Hiddink? I think the next batch of US players could play his style.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Bruce Arena is a must key and it's a must to also build some consistency out of this young group. Guys like Claudio Reyna, Eddie Pope, Jeff Agoos probably won't be out there for the 2006 campaign so it would be a good idea to seriously start scouting.

Trust me, Bruce is the best man for the job you shouldn't even change him if my boy Hector Cuper was unemployed. ;) :D

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
That's really good news!

Arena does more than coaching the team, he is also an excellent coach in taking care of young talents. Back in 1999 when Donovan and Beasley won the Golden and Silver balls, many fans were screaming at Arena to have them two put into out NT lineup. It took someone like Arena to realize what it takes to protect them instead of feeding them to the wolves!

No other coach in this world knows our players better than Arena. He is our best choice for the next four years!

·
94,487 Posts
colocolo said:
You mean BoraDom ???? ???

Im sure the USSF will offer Mr. Arena a hefty package come time for his contract renewal/extension !!!! ;)
More on the Subject :

Arena Likely to Stay on as Coach of United States

USA has fallen in love with Arena football.

07/10/2002. According to the Washington Post, USA World Cup coach Bruce Arena appears set to sign another 4-year contract with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF). The post cited Arena said there was a "good chance" he would be USA's coach the next four years.

After the highly successful Asian adventure under Arena, the United States are keen on retaining the Brooklyner's services for the 2006 World Cup campaign.

Arena has expressed interest in coaching in England but positions in the EPL and Nationwide are few and far between. If he stays on with the Stars and Stripes, Arena will face the arduous task of identifying the next wave of U.S. stars as many of his most recent squad will retire from international football before 2006 qualifying gets under way.

Only fair !!!!! :cap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts