Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top notch. The wee man salutes the faithful.



No lightsabres for the siths so they dig deep into their copper mine to chuck some 2Ps at Ricksen. Dignified in defeat is not a phrase you'd use on this theatre of fannies.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
And dignified in victory is not a phrase you'd use on this no-mark scumbag.

Whilst I do not in the least condone the idiots who threw stuff at the drunk-driver, he is a total twat for performing such a provocative act in front of the fans at our corner.

End of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
Applauding your own fans is provocative? Never realised the Celtic support were such sensitive souls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Ah, but its not like Ricksen received a torrent of abuse for the whole match and wanted to show his appreciation for his own fans for supporting him, therefore applauding them is it?

Thats not inciting a riot apparently. Just ask not so Saintly Martin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Applauding your own fans is provocative? Never realised the Celtic support were such sensitive souls.
Well according to you lot after the famous Martin O'Neill / Neil Lennon incident at the shoebox it is.

What was it chivo was saying about double standards earlier?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
I think Angle Eyes meant it sarcastically King Henrik. As in many Celtic fans said it wasn't provocative when MON did it, but when Ricksen does, its time to throw coins. No sure, but I think thats what he was trying to say. My apologies if I am wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,017 Posts
Laddie said:
I think Angle Eyes meant it sarcastically King Henrik. As in many Celtic fans said it wasn't provocative when MON did it, but when Ricksen does, its time to throw coins. No sure, but I think thats what he was trying to say. My apologies if I am wrong.
But, on the other side of the coin (no pun intended), many Rangers fans said that it WAS a provocative act by Martin O'Neill. So it shouldn't be any different in Ricksen's case.

Correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Oh yeah, it was a provocative act by Ricksen the way I see it. Just like what MON did was too. Neither side of the Old Firm should be doing silly stuff winding up any sort of opposition support, when the games are as tense and passionate as these. MON made a mistake, as did Ricksen imo.

But if it is fine for MON to do it when he wishes, then it shoudl work both ways and you shouldnt condemn Nando, OR attack him with coins.

Just the way I see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,017 Posts
Laddie said:
Oh yeah, it was a provocative act by Ricksen the way I see it. Just like what MON did was too. Neither side of the Old Firm should be doing silly stuff winding up any sort of opposition support, when the games are as tense and passionate as these. MON made a mistake, as did Ricksen imo.

But if it is fine for MON to do it when he wishes, then it shoudl work both ways and you shouldnt condemn Nando, OR attack him with coins.

Just the way I see it.
Touche.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
There's a difference between applauding your fans during a game and pumping your fists in defiance when the game's over though. Maybe Fernando's stunt was a wee bit illadvised, but don't forget we've had our record at Celtic Park rammed down our throats for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
There's a difference between applauding your fans during a game and pumping your fists in defiance when the game's over though. Maybe Fernando's stunt was a wee bit illadvised, but don't forget we've had our record at Celtic Park rammed down our throats for years.
Absolutely fantastic double standards. At least O'Neill had the good sense to go to the Celtic fans.

I'm genuinely dissapointed to read that from you Angle_eyes, I thought you had more sense than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
It's not double standards. Double standards would be condemning an action on one side and condoning an identical action on the other. What Ricksen did was a bit stupid and I guess basically wrong. I'm sorry if I just have a hard time being outraged by what I see as a minor gesture after our first victory on your patch in a long, long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
There's a difference between applauding your fans during a game and pumping your fists in defiance when the game's over though. Maybe Fernando's stunt was a wee bit illadvised, but don't forget we've had our record at Celtic Park rammed down our throats for years.
So in other words - Rangers provocation = right. Celtic provocation = wrong.

Nah, no double standards there in the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
King_Henrik said:
So in other words - Rangers provocation = right. Celtic provocation = wrong.

Nah, no double standards there in the least.
Don't think that's what I said, it's just what you want to believe. But then again, everything's always been green and blue with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What Ricksen did was stupid- I think everyone agrees. I don't think that's any reason for Celtic fans who were defending O'Neill to get on their high horse. If Celtic fans are going to pelt Ricksen with missiles for clapping the away support then just imagine what they would have done if McLeish ran on, got him in a headlock and dragged him over to the Rangers fans puching the air.

Personally I hope Ricksen has learnt a lesson here and hope Saint Martin has from his gesture too. These acts might seem like a bit of bravado at the time but could inadvertently result in some poor sod in casualty or worse later on that night.

I don't think either gesture was right but only one reaction was wrong.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top