Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parreira is stubborn, we all know that. But this year there will be a Copa America, and historically this tournament always affects our squad's formation. Some team regulars will inevitably be unavailable (we could start a betting pool to see which Euro team will begin to whine about releasing players first; my money is on Arsenal) and therefore some new faces will have a chance to strut their stuff, a task made easier by the sequence of games. ;)

Now, our squad NEEDS some new blood IMHO. Some "regulars" seem to have a lifelong "pass" into the Seleçao. I mean... Junior and Roque Junior are reserves at SIENA, fer chrissakes. :wth: And yet RJ is our STARTER!!! :eekani: :wallbang: :stress: Not to mention all the criticism surrounding Ze Roberto and Rivaldo's 1st-team status.

Parreira has been trying to mantain the squad that won the 2002 WC, but that's only good in theory; in real life there are several problems. Some players, such as Roque Junior and Rivaldo, are CLEARLY not doing well enough to deserve a place in the squad, much less a starting position. Then there's the matter of the adaptation of those players (originally selected by Scolari for a 3-5-2 system) in Parreira's 4-4-2 system.

And of course, Parreira contradicts himself with paper-thin excuses for not calling this or that player. For example, he said in a recent interview that Mancini wasn't in the Seleçao because he's playing as a right-winger and not as a rightback. Which would be fine, except that Beletti (who's being called for the rightback regularly) also plays as a right-sided midfielder in Villareal. And Junior, the reserve for the leftback, ALSO plays as a left-sided midfielder on Siena. So much for Parreira's excuses. :mute:

What I want to know is... who should get a proper chance in the Seleçao, in your opinions? Off the top of my head I remember Mancini, Edu (from Arsenal), Juninho Pernambucano, Fabio Aurelio, Leo (from Santos, the best leftback in South America today), Dininho... who else?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd also question Kleberson starter status at this point. The guy isn't a regular in Manchester, and is playing in a different position too, more offensively than he does in the NT (which I don't consider a problem but since Parreira does...). I'd put Renato in his spot.

Juninho Pernambucano isn't good enough to be a 10 since we have Ronaldinho, Kaká and Alex. From what I've heard, he's playing as a second-DM in Lyon, so he'd be another one fighting for Kleberson's spot. Edu and Fabio Rochemback are also good contenders for this place.

Mancini is a must. The guy is Roma's most decisive player after Cassano this season, and one of the reasons they are doing so well compared with last year's fiasco.

I'd also like to see Cicinho, in my opinion, light-years ahead of the overrated Maurinho and especially Belletti.

Leo? Hmm....I don't think so. The guy is a good player, but we have several options which I consider better than him. Fábio Aurélio, which you mentioned, and also Dedê, who no one gives a damn since he only played in Minas Gerais before leaving to Europe.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to mention that Dede will now be wearing Qatar's jersey... :yuck:

Anyhoo, I agree completely that Juninho should fight for Klebeson's position – in fact, I have been advocating that Juninho should OWN that position for over a year now. ;)

--------------------------Gilberto---------------------------
--------Juninho PE--------------------Ze Roberto---------
-------------------Ronaldinho Gaucho-----------------------
---------------Kaka--------------Ronaldo--------------------

THIS is what I'm talking about. ;) Powerful formation! :thumbsup:

About Mancini... I think he needs to be Cafu's immediate reserve, and naturally take over the position, just as Cafu naturally took over after Jorginho retired from the NT. :cool: And if I were Brazil's coach, Fabio Aurelio would be Roberto Carlos' immediate reserve.

And Edu, a leftie, should compete with Ze Roberto for a place in the midfield IMHO.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Though I'm an Albiceleste fan, I'll try my best.

A 3-4-2-1 would fit the squad perfectly...

--------------------1 Dida
-------3 Lucio-----4 Juan-----5 Edmilson
2 Mancini---8 Gilberto---11 Emerson---6 F.Aurélio
-----------7 Ronaldinho---10 Kaká
------------------9 Ronaldo

This 4-3-1-2 would be my 2nd choice...

--------------------1 Dida
2 Mancini-----3 Lucio-----4 Juan-----6 F.Aurélio
-----8 Juninho---5 Gilberto---11 Emerson
----------------7 Ronaldinho
-----------9 Ronaldo---10 Adriano

In both systems Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Kaká couldn't play all together. At least one of them would have to sit on the bench.

PS - I added numbers to make it look more "realistic".

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Garrincha:
I heard that FIFA decided against Dede and Ailton playing for Qatar NT, do you have other info?

Juninho is great....maybe he'd be a better option that Renato, since he has more experience....

About Edu, the problem is, he's not as fast as Zé Roberto. I'd prefer a fast player there, who played more open, like César from Lazio, Serginho or even Gilberto from São Caetano.

Lucifuga:

Juan and Edmilson? :yuck: No, thanks..

In both systems Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Kaká couldn't play all together. At least one of them would have to sit on the bench.
Here I absolutely agree with you.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Don't hate me, you know someone would ask the question sooner or later.. what about Adriano? :)

Fabio Aurelio, that's the guy at Valencia, right? How good is he?

Garrincha, you remember the thread I opened about Juninho a while ago? I was trying to find out how good he is because I was in doubt over his quality. Well I've come to realize that he's a kickass player, top drawer! :star:

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Garrincha:
I heard that FIFA decided against Dede and Ailton playing for Qatar NT, do you have other info?

Well, there was a lot of unrest among some FIFA officials about the 'Dede/Ailton to Qatar' issue but i don't think that the FIFA can do anything to prevent them playing for Qatar.
Nevertheless Dede announced that he still must think about the offer and said that he won't make any decisions before the end of the Bundesliga season ( which is in may...).
Ailton made 100% clear that his intention is to play for Qatar as soon as possible, seemingly he will make his debut on march 30 when Qatar has to play a WC qualifier...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
A small OT comment about the popularity of some of the regulars in the NT.

I just came back from Sao Paulo, where I wanted to buy a new NT shirt. The new shirt, unlike the old shirt, has the names of the players in graphics already, with the number circled in the front.

The only names available at all the stores I went, were 6 Roberto Carlos and 9 Ronaldo. No Ronaldinho :mad: When is Ronaldinho going to be a staple of the comercialization of the NT?:confused:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Garrincha said:

What I want to know is... who should get a proper chance in the Seleçao, in your opinions? Off the top of my head I remember Mancini, Edu (from Arsenal), Juninho Pernambucano, Fabio Aurelio, Leo (from Santos, the best leftback in South America today), Dininho... who else?
You surely mentioned some very interesting names, Garrincha. Who would I add to your list? For sure Alex and Luizao for the defence. How is Alex from Cruzeiro doing this season? Also, I would like to see Carlos Alberto (the U-20 def. midfielder) in NT circles soon.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i dunno why you guys dislike juan so much. i've seen him so many times and he plays quite good. i mean, we had worst than him before..... odvan roque junior are examples. anyway, i think rivaldo and roque junior should be definitely out. give a chance to guys like carlos alberto(porto. this guy is fantastic) leo(in my opinion better than junior) and adriano.

my formation would look something like this:

leo-------------------------juan---------------------lucio-----------cafu

juninho Gilberto

-------------------Ronaldinho Gaucho-------
---------------- kaka
---------------adriano-------Ronaldo

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Just a thought here. I don't think Kaka is playing in the attack like smost brazilian journalists are saying . I think he is playing as an attacking midfielder. This is how Brazil is playing:

Dida

Cafu------------Lucio------------Roque----------R.Carlos

------------------------Gilberto Silva-----------------------

-------Kleberson--------------------------Ze Roberto-----

----------------Kaka---------- Ronaldinho------------------

------------------------ Ronaldo------------------------

See, It is a 4-5-1 formation and not a 4-3-3 as the press claims.
A question for you guys. Could Mancini play in Kleberson position and in the same team of Cafu? Another thing Tostão wants Robinho in Zé Roberto position, Do you think it could work? I don't think so, cause he can't mark anyone. I could see him playing in the left wing for some european team (he is right footed but he likes playing in the left)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Brazil_Forever:
Juan has some qualities, but he is very mistake prone and shaky. Maybe in the fture he can become better and reach NT level. But now, I prefer Lúcio, Polga, Alex and Luisão over him.

But if NT level means Roque Jr. at this point, or Edmilson, bring Juan in :D

Brasileiro:
You're right. In theory, Brazil plays 4-3-1-2. But even before Kaká was a starter, I saw Brazil in 4-2-3-1.

Like this:

--------------------------------Dida--------------------------------------
--Cafu-----------------Lucio--------Roque----------------R.Carlos--
----------------Kleberson----------Gilberto----------------------------
------------------Ronaldinho-------Rivaldo/Kaka-----Zé Roberto---
------------------------------Ronaldo-------------------------------------

Zé Roberto helped more in the marking than the other playmakers and Kleberson advanced more than Gilberto.

Mancini could be the third-DM on the right side, like he is in Roma. But Zé Roberto would have to mark more. Maybe with a more defensive player on the left, like Edu, Mancini could have more freedom on his side to attack like he does in Roma.

--------------------------------Dida--------------------------------------
--Cafu-----------------Lucio--------Roque----------------R.Carlos--
----------------------------------Gilberto----------Edu------------------
-----Mancini--------Ronaldinho-------Rivaldo/Kaka-----------------
------------------------------Ronaldo------------------------------------

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roberto Gallo said:
Garrincha:
Only what I found in this page.

Catar desafia a Fifa e insiste em ter brasileiros

O Catar pretende desafiar o presidente da Fifa, Joseph Blatter, e naturalizar três jogadores brasileiros para reforçar sua seleção na disputa das eliminatórias para a Copa do Mundo de 2006.
De acordo com uma autoridade da Associação de Futebol do Catar, que não quis se identificar, os três jogadores - Aílton, Dedê e Leandro - que estiveram na capital do Catar na segunda-feira, acertaram os detalhes com os dirigentes.

Os três jogam por equipes alemãs e não têm nenhuma relação com Catar. Aílton joga no Werder Bremen mas vai se transferir para o Schalke 04 na próxima temporada, enquanto Dedê e seu irmão Leandro defendem o Borussia Dortmund.

Fontes ligadas à federação do Catar disseram que os três brasileiros poderiam receber a nova cidadania dentro de uma semana.

As fontes disseram que um dirigente da QFA vai para a Alemanha este fim de semana com todos os documentos para eles assinarem e depois volta para Doha na segunda ou na terça-feira para fazer o anúncio oficial.

Os três brasileiros permanecerão com seus nomes originais, sem mudar como fez Stephen Cherono, ex-atleta do Quênia que agora corre pelo Catar com o nome Seif Saeed Shaheen, disseram as fontes.

Os jogadores continuarão como brasileiros, mas receberão cidadania do Catar e jogarão pelo país.

Na segunda-feira o presidente da Fifa disse através de um porta-voz que é totalmente contra a mudança e que está tratando isso como "prioridade".

"Isso vai contra o espírito do jogo", disse ele. "E a Fifa tentará impedir essa prática. Vamos nos encontrar com analistas de futebol e legais para discutir o problema esta semana".

Reuters
It basically says that Qatar chose to challenge FIFA and nationalize Dede and Ailton despite the protests.

And you know what? I think what they're doing stinks, but they have the RIGHT to do so if they want to. The US nationalized a frenchman who couldn't even speak english two months before WC 98, just to play for their team in the WC. Germany used a forward from Ghana in WC 2002, who played in the final against Brazil. Japan has been importing Brazilians for almost a decade now, since Ruy Ramos. Why can't Qatar do it, really? Shouldn't the rules be the same for everybody?

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
not thinking about tatical system but the players first...
For a group of 22 I would not kick away Ze Roberto that easy, same goes for Kleberson but Alex from Cruzeiro became a must have. The defense we need something new, Edu Dracena is in hell, Luizao seems to be always injuries so it is Alex (Santos) time. Luis Fabiano and Adriano are must be for Ronaldo's place. Renato and Elano (besides Robinho and Diego) can not be forgotten, Juninho Pernambucano is neeeed also. Mancine deserves his chances a lot. Perhaps Dininho from Sao Caetano could get his test chance also.

Now, Some players are too old and are not that important to be part of a group - drop them to open bench space - it is to Emerson, Juninho Paulista mainly. Roque Jr , Rivaldo and Junir are special. Without club Rivaldo must not be called. And frankly, to him i would advice giving up or asking for a time to restablish himself. Roque could ask the same time. Junior is more close to be dropped but perhaps sometime would do him good. Beletti must be keep around in case Mancine does not work. But if he does, bye bye.

Parreia is one that his time is more more counted. His fabricate image of winner and that he works slowly but fix teams is false. In the past he was at least very honest, something he lost.

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
Atletico- MG should receive money of Quatar for using a player developed by his youth divisions just like any club have to pay those days :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
barça said:
The only names available at all the stores I went, were 6 Roberto Carlos and 9 Ronaldo. No Ronaldinho :mad: When is Ronaldinho going to be a staple of the comercialization of the NT?:confused:
Well, in Brazil few players get "permanent" numbers, which accounts for the stores' lack of interest in selling numbered shirts. For example, I've seen Ronaldinho Gaucho using the 11, 10 and 7 on different occasions. Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo, on the other hand, are long-time pillars of the team and each one "owns" a number on the team already.

I believe this year's Copa America, which will be the 1st relevant tournament since the WC (which was when Ronaldinho Gaucho got his "baptism of fire" as a first-team player), will stablish the Gaucho as the new 10 in Brazil's team (a number that he will inherit from Rivaldo... whose "10" shirt could be found in stores until last year, but not anymore). ;)

So... if you visit Brasil next year again, you'll probably find Ronaldinho Gaucho's "10" for sale. :cool:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
First of all I think in this Copa America we should rest Cafu, RC & Ronaldo.

They are way to prooven and we all know what they can do with the sacred shirt.

The rest I think Parreira should take the first team selection and gel them up for the qualifiers. After all , every single friendly taht we have played since the world cup has been USELESS. As resting the 3 most experienced players we will give opportunities for there subs to settle in the NT.

Thinking of a quick glimpse of who should be called up if I was Parreira, my team would probably be:

1. Marcos

2. Maurinho 3. Luisao 4. Alex 6. Fabio Aurelio

8. Renato 5. Gilberto

11. Alex

10. Ronaldinho 7. Kaka

9. Luis Fabiano

SUBS:

12. Dida 23. Fabio Costa

13. Cicinho 14. Lucio 15. Edmilson 16. Silvinho

17. Dudu Cearense 22. Fabio Arrocha e Bate

18. Juninho Pernambucano 20. Diego

19. Adriano 21. Denilson

This team will give us lots of options. Give needed experience in the NT for our new defense, Renato, Kaka & Luis Fabiano. And gives another opportunity for Diego to be less arrogant and give another chance to him to make peace with the fans in general;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
numerodix said:
Don't hate me, you know someone would ask the question sooner or later.. what about Adriano? :)
Adriano is already a stable squad member, but he's currently competing with Sao Paulo's Luis Fabiano to be Ronaldo's immediate reserve. So far, neither of them has played convincingly alongside Ronaldo, as they're both basically target-men – so they'll have to fight for R9's bench. ;)

But Adriano's future with the Seleçao looks assured today. He'll be wearing the yellow shirt for a long time. :cool:

numerodix said:
Fabio Aurelio, that's the guy at Valencia, right? How good is he?
Very good. Fast, versatile and skillful. Definitely NT material.

numerodix said:
Garrincha, you remember the thread I opened about Juninho a while ago? I was trying to find out how good he is because I was in doubt over his quality. Well I've come to realize that he's a kickass player, top drawer! :star:
I told ya so! :D I've been praising Juninho for YEARS, since he left Vasco to play in Lyon. Juninho is a high-class player, and one day he'll claim his rightful starting position on our first 11. :star: :thumbsup:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JCamilo said:
Beletti must be keep around in case Mancine does not work. But if he does, bye bye.
Not to mention that Sevilla's Daniel Alves has potential to be MUCH better than Mancini, Belletti or Maurinho. IMHO Alves is our biggest prospect for the rightback position since Jorginho. :smileani:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
What about the GKs? Are we stick with Dida-Marcos-Ceni?

I asked for Fabio Costa when he played for Santos, but seeing his recent form, no way...

Maybe Gomes, but he's still very far from Dida and Marcos IMO...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts