Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Present yourself! Who art thou, brethren?

I notice we need presentations ;)

PI (Personal Info): I'm Lorena, 27, former journalist now studying for teacher, Chilean by birth, free by state of mind, citizen of the world by choosing, Lutheran by creed and GRANATA by faith and Father.

LOTT (Loves other than Toro):There are many things I love, like roleplaying, drawing and writing. I love history - and Toro's history too.

FP (Favorite Player): not one but five: Capitan Valentino, Capitan Ferrini, Gigi la Farfalla, Pupi Pulici, Claudio Sala

FPT: (First Player of Toro you liked): Ferrante :nervous:

FGS: (First game seen): Of Toro, the 1995 victory derby!

MRM (Most Remembered moment): the disaster of Toro Milan 0-4 and the Superga memorial game, 1999

WT (Why Toro): By father's talk.

FTS: (Favourite Toro statement) Four. "Soccer is a game of eleven" (V. Mazzola) "Throw your heart beneath the obstacle and go to get it back" (G. Ferrini) "The Grande Torino was a gentle spirit that was over us to accompany us" (C. Sala) and "By the curva, I knew how far or near the goal I was. The Maratona was my guide" (P. Pulici)

HTS (Hated Toro statement): "let them four idiots get to superga, poor fools" (f. cimminelli :scream: )

D (Dream) A Toro with a good president, a Filadelfia stadium to himself and pride and glory to his name.

Forza TORO!! :star: :D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
even if i'm not Toro suppoerter and just have sympathy for the team...i want to reply:D

PI (Personal Info): I'm Arianna, 22 years old...italian,born in Torino and still living here...i'm doing nothing,just working a few hours in one store (in Torino:D)

LOTT (Loves other than Toro):UDINESE:D:D:D, writings letters,music,ecc.

FP (Favorite Player): not one but five: Antonio Benarrivo, Martin Jorgesen, Felipe Dal Belo, Alexandr Mostovoi, Roberto Baggio

FPT: (First Player of Toro you liked): Ruggiero Rizzitelli :D

FGS: (First game seen): you mean at the stadium or in TV? ...in TV...i watch Toro since i was born:howler:

MRM (Most Remembered moment): Juventus-Torinoi 5-0 (1995) because after the derby i was mad and i've broken my hand...and still i have an ugly scar

WT (Why Toro): Because i'm from Torino and the true Torinesi are Toro fans and not rubentini:yuck:

FTS: (Favourite Toro statement) Four. ... :D

HTS (Hated Toro statement): ...

D (Dream): Toro again in A so i can watch Toro-Udinese and other serie A games....+ Comunale fit...so every week i'll be in the stadium:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Great idea Lory, I'll make this thread a sticky now. ;)

PI (Personal Info): My name is Emil, I'm 18 years old and I live in Skopje, Macedonia. At the moment I'm finishing my highschool and I hope to be a university student from autumn.

LOTT (Loves other than Toro): FC Rabotnicki Skopje - the new macedonian champion. :proud: I love lot of other things too, for instance I play guitar and sing in a rock band.

FP (Favorite Player): The one and only Valentino Mazzola!

FPT (First Player of Toro you liked): Marco Ferrante

FGS (First game seen): Bologna - Torino 1:0 in the 2001/02 season

MRM (Most Remembered moment): Ferrante's goal celebration on the derby in 2001/02 that ended 2:2

WT (Why Toro): Because Toro is more than just a football club :star: :star: :star:

FTS (Favourite Toro statement): It's not a statement, it's a banner by the ultras dedicated to the gobbi "27 scuddetos - some of them stolen, some won with doping... and you dare to talk about justice!? Ma vaffanculo!" :D

HTS (Hated Toro statement): "let them four idiots get to superga, poor fools" - Cimminelli the pig :mad: :fero: :frustrat:

D (Dream): A strong Toro in Serie A with a good president and board of directors; The mythic Stadio Filadelfia in the condition that a place wich such a glorious past deserves.

Forza Toro Per Sempre!!!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
let me try.......

PI (Personal Info):you can call me zzp,it's short for my name.i am 17 now......i am a highschool student.as you see, i come from china.do you know guilin? i live here.

LOTT (Loves other than Toro):Team China,CM/FM,history,music......

FP (Favorite Player): Ferrante,Pinga,Lentini,Pulici,Cravero

FPT (First Player of Toro you liked): Pinga

FGS (First game seen):i have never seen a full game of toro ,just some videos from internet,and,the collection of serie a on tv

MRM (Most Remembered moment):

WT (Why Toro): because of a tv program called world football magazine,i knew some glancing things about toro,like 10/11 in italian team's start line,Superga and so on

FTS (Favourite Toro statement): i don't know much about that

HTS (Hated Toro statement):the same as FTS

D (Dream): i am the manager and the coach of toro,i have so much money like Chelsea's boss......we are the champion of the world(for ever)

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
PI (Personal Info): I'm Nick, 16 years of age and a junior in high school, which means only one more before college. I was born in San Francisco and still live here (or around here at least).

LOTT (Loves other than Toro): CM 03/04 (haven't gotten the new FM yet), music, history, Calcio in general. In terms of other football clubs, I like Liverpool, and that was the first team I really knew, because my youth coach was Irish but a huge Liverpool fan. I also support my local club, the MLS side San Jose Earthquakes, who have won two American championships in ten years of the league. Lastly, I also like to root for Lazio and Hellas Verona when they aren't playing Toro.

FP (Favorite Player): From Toro in the past, Mazzola, now, probably Pinga. Regardless of team I like Baggio the best.

FPT: (First Player of Toro you liked): Probably Pinga

FGS: (First game seen): Unfortunately I have just seen clips and highlights from various games.

MRM (Most Remembered moment): None as of now...

WT (Why Toro): Having roots in Piemonte and the Turin area, the tradition, especially of Grande Toro.

FTS: (Favourite Toro statement) I like the one Romanticar had. :D

HTS (Hated Toro statement): Ditto

D (Dream): Toro in A, a rebuilt Filadelfia, and showing juventini every derby who the true team of Torino is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Didn't see this thread last time I was logged on.

PI (Personal Info): I'm Ernesto, I just recently turned 20 and I was born in Wollongong, Australia and have lived here since. I'm a commerce student.

LOTT (Loves other than Toro): After Toro my biggest love is cars, in particular old school rotaries and muscle cars. My best friend and my older brother are mechanics and we've just together purchased an RX-3 that we'll be fixing up and hopefully racing on the track next year, so excited!!!

FP (Favorite Player): Of which I saw myself? Lentini. From stories heard it is of course Mazzola.

FPT: (First Player of Toro you liked): Lentini.

FGS: (First game seen): Don't remember the first one I saw on TV but the first I saw at the stadium I remember very well, it was in 1994 vs Inter. We lost but it was one of the best times ever!

MRM (Most Remembered moment): 1992 uefa cup final, unfortunately :(

WT (Why Toro): Same as Arianna except that I was born in Australia, however my parents are from Torino and they raised me to be 110% Torinese.

FTS: Same as Yuumei

HTS (Hated Toro statement): same as Yuumei :D

D (Dream) To see Toro win a scudetto.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
numerodix said:
Lorena, may I ask how you got interested in Torino? :)
That is quite a long story.

But it was at a time when I was a budding juventina :eekani: :wallbang: :groan: :rollani: and I found a newspaper cutting.

"Italy had never regained the power lost with Superga"

What's that? I asked myself. So I went to father.
"Dad, what's Superga?"
"Let me read, where did you get it?"
"Here"

Silence.

"Sit down"
I sat.

"I'm going to tell you about a team that never lost"

And he started to speak, and his eyes grew mistier, his expression sweeter... recalling them all, their power and strength, and then...

"They were heading back from Lisbon" (he described the plane and else) "when the plane crashed in Superga hill. No one survived"

I was speechless. Dad had no team at all, and he seemed so hit by the recalling I sat there, astonished and unable to believe. He started speaking about a cousin of his that flew planes in the same years, so that meant he was too appalled to go on, so he searched for a diversion.

But it was done. That was Torino, the Great Torino, whose players were the same age as my dad, and that surely impressed him so much, he had recalled the Superga crash for me.

It was really touching, truly amazing, to hear in Chile about the Grande Torino, the universally-loved band of brothers... and so it was (of course, there's more to that ;) )

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GRANATISSIMO, that's because I changed the name :D

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Yuumei said:
That is quite a long story.

But it was at a time when I was a budding juventina :eekani: :wallbang: :groan: :rollani: and I found a newspaper cutting.

"Italy had never regained the power lost with Superga"

What's that? I asked myself. So I went to father.
"Dad, what's Superga?"
"Let me read, where did you get it?"
"Here"

Silence.

"Sit down"
I sat.

"I'm going to tell you about a team that never lost"

And he started to speak, and his eyes grew mistier, his expression sweeter... recalling them all, their power and strength, and then...

"They were heading back from Lisbon" (he described the plane and else) "when the plane crashed in Superga hill. No one survived"

I was speechless. Dad had no team at all, and he seemed so hit by the recalling I sat there, astonished and unable to believe. He started speaking about a cousin of his that flew planes in the same years, so that meant he was too appalled to go on, so he searched for a diversion.

But it was done. That was Torino, the Great Torino, whose players were the same age as my dad, and that surely impressed him so much, he had recalled the Superga crash for me.

It was really touching, truly amazing, to hear in Chile about the Grande Torino, the universally-loved band of brothers... and so it was (of course, there's more to that ;) )
Nice. :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And as Haroon knows full well, there is more to that ;)
Everybody who comes here with respect and senseful question is welcome... Come to post whenever you feel like it, ok? :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bernmilan1 said:
I still wish you felt the red and black a little :(
It's not a matter of not feeling it, I remember all of you a lot, but it's not the same so I kind of retreated to home... once I finish writing my path into soccer you'll know what made me retrace my footsteps and say "I'm coming home"... :star:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bernmilan1 said:
and ravage your poetry? We are not that crazy Lorena. Keep the magic comming
I'm not supposed to write every post in the forum, y'know :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yo soy lo más humilde que hay, para mí dar es dar, y no hay realmente mucho más que explicar. Pero siempre se necesitan preguntas, ideas y demás... es la única forma de contar a otros lo que viene del corazón ;)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
se acabó... no juego más :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts