Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty obvious question, even though the disappointment of Tuesday night is still quite fresh, who do you want to go on and win the CL this season?

I think my choice is going to be the most popular one: ROMA. They were fantastic last night and I really hope they go all the way, flying the flag for Italian club football. :proud:

I'd be interested if any of you fellow Milanisti would rather another team win and your reasons why.

·
THE
14,394 Posts
Weird question. Of course I root only for my teams. Why shoudl I suddenly root for Fener or Schalke?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Since we'r out :moan: i would like to see either Chelsea or Roma lift the trophy...I just hope its not Manchester United, Inter (Im 99% sure they wont make it though:cool:) or Liverpool.:yuck:

·
Scudetto
23,598 Posts
Roma without a doubt. Not only because of their team, but because they have great fans (on this forum) as well.

I just wouldn't want any English teams to win it maybe except for Chelsea. Its nothing really, but the globally-influenced sport media would drive me crazy :D

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
The moment Inter are officially out - I dont care much.
Would be nice if nonEnglish club wins it as their ego is already too big.
If I have to choose I will go for Roma, no question. But its rather "dont care" at this point.
Shalke will be a big laugh. Like that year when Porto won. What a grand semifinal line up we had then :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Roma most definitely. They play good football and they'll probably be the sole representatives of Serie A in the next round (Though I obviously wouldn't root for Inter if they were to make it anyways!).
It's going to be pretty tough for Roma as they lack some depth compared to the other big teams but I think if their 1st team stays fit and injury free they have a pretty good chance.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Roma is the obvious choice. But I don't care as long as it is not Sinter. But yeah, if an english should win it, we won't hear the end of it. It is already unbearable now. I can't stay in my office for 10 minutes without somebody barging in to remind me of how superiour the EPL is:wallbang:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I'd like to see Roma win.

Keep the trophy in Italy - just as long as it isn't on the blue side of Milan!

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
I couldn't care less. I just don't want Chel$ka to win. However, I don't believe in the "neutral" fan thing, so I havr to root to someone in the final, depending who are the finalists.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Well its most probably gonna be 4 english teams in preogressing, one Italian, one Spanish, one Turkish, and a Germain.

Since i don't like any Englsh team other than Arsenal, i don't want Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool to win.

I hope its Roma, i would love to see a Porto type season, where one of Fener or Schalke take it, but what are the odds of that, so if its not Roma, then Arsenal

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
Who I DONT want to have:

1) And most certainly - INTER
2) Any English team and most importantly not Man U (personal, i have too many friends fans of MU and they will just go beyond the universe) and Liverpool (because it will giev them number 6 - too close - and also be 3 finals and 2 cups in the last 4 years - not good you know ;) )

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Roma.... I feel no real 'rivalry' against them like I do for other Italian clubs (besides maybe in 2003 when we both fought for lo scudetto and I happened to live in 'their' city). The only Italian team left. It will be difficult for them though.

The Turks and Schalke are IMO totally out of question cause they are by far the weakest teams left in the competition. However I wouldnt mind it.

From the rest, I'd go with Arsenal. Usually I dont like English teams at all, but the Gunners would be okay. Young and exciting team, apparently from what I've seen good fans in XT and a pretty decent one in Egypt, too :pp

I dont want Liverpool to win for the same reason I didnt want Real to win it. They are the only ones in the round of the last 16 that are historically in our category and I dont want 'Pool to close the gap.

The rest... Barca, Man Utd with the stereotypical negative British fan image or the Russian money laundry... no thanks.

That's it... have I forgotten any team left? No, I dont think so.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
use common sense bodo

and bono laughed at the obvious. :googly:

1 - 20 of 247 Posts