Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my favourites Nigeria were eliminated, I decided to support the other Africans/Ireland/Mexico/Belgium and Sweden. I also like France a bit and the host nations.

who will you support?

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I only will only "Support" one international side.

But i wish Brazil luck.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i only support italy, argentina, and china...if these teams lose, then i'll try to be a neutral fan.. :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I support Argentina and if they get knocked out (which they very well might), I will support England.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
If England get knocked out
:D (you mean when?)

Oh well, when Denmark get knocked out I will root for Argentina and Brasil (no conflict to me as I just love beautiful football)

Turkey has done well so far and play some nice football.

Korea has been great to watch too.

Ireland I like cos of their fighting spirit.

Cameroun cos I'd like to see some African success (I don't like Senegal cos they are so dirty)

And a little secret.... Spain!!!! I love La Primera and I think it's about time that the Spanish get some success at NT level!

Italy - if they did as their potential would let them - they could play the best football on earth. Guess it's a tactical thing which prevents them from flourishing.

Sweden cos they're our neighbours and I am 1/4 Swedish.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I have watched most of the games willing to support the teams playing the best football, particularly in an attacking or at least positive sense.

Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Ireland & Senegal have all impressed me.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think the most interesting thing to know is who the French will support now?? Senegal?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I will try to be as objective as possible and support whichever team that plays the more attractive football.
Korea, Japan, Denmark, and South Africa are in my list.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
My Nation didnt EVEN make it to the WC......But I've been pulling for all Concacaf and Conmebol Nations, Xcept Brazil....they dont need my support !! :lala: Actually they CANT buy my support ever !! :mute:

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Denmark, because it is a cool country with very cool players ( Tomasson, Rommedahl, Gravesen).

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Argentina is out as are Cameroon, Nigeria and Uruguay. Belgium will be out Friday as the way this WC is going Itaoly will be eliminated tomorrow.

Only left over are Senegal (who will have to play without Fadiga :( next game) and Brazil.

The other teams are not worth my support :stuckup: This WC is a nightmare

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree that this world cup has been a pure farce, a huge disgrace, a shame, a nightmare. I will root for teams that do play attractive football, such as Brasil, Portugal or Spain. But i'll be more cheering for Spain as this may well be their year, taking full advantage of the circumstances so far. I also want to see all those teams that play negative, boring and defensive football to go home as early as possible, teams that play with 11 at the back are an insult to football. :fero:

ARRIBA ESPANA!:cool:

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
South Korea, from the start due to Hiddink :star:
Especially now Argentina is gone..who I also supported....:(

Let's hope Italy will survive, gives me one more team to cheer for...:hopefull:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
I also want to see all those teams that play negative, boring and defensive football to go home as early as possible
Well, one of them went home on Tuesday...

There are lots of exciting, attacking teams left, teams with the right attitude, more sweat than swagger, and I'm for once looking forward to seeing a few new faces in the knockout stages. While I won't "support" them as such, I'm looking forward to seeing more of South Korea, the United States, Brazil, Japan, Denmark and Spain.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
There are four teams that I don't want to see as champs and those are the four remaining former champs.

My biggest support goes to the three biggest underdogs at the start, the two hosts and Senegal.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Spain cos I also want a team that hasn't won the WC before - Spain has the quality to go all the way!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I also have a soft spot for Spain. And yes they can go all the way!

Sweden - as a Dane I think it's important we support each other. I know most Norwegians and Swedes have supported us so far :).

Eire - I like their spirit and I wouldn't mind if they beat Spain ;). Although I'm still on Spain :confused::D ...

Brazil - They play nice, don't they :D?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts