Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal will learn their Champions League fate at 1100 GMT on Friday when the last 16 draw is held.

The group winners from the last stage will play the runners-up, other than teams from their own pool or nation.

Arsenal, who came second in their group, could face the likes of Barcelona or Juventus, and will also play the second leg away from home.

Last season, Arsenal were cheated out of a place in the semi-finals after thieving scousers payed off the refs.

Barcelona would be good, we'd get to see Henry play one last time in North London and watch Hleb get all scared because he's back in a big city.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
your's too ;)

I am sure we are gonna beat Barcelona and then go down to Panathainakos in the next round. That's what we do in the UCL :doh:

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Breaking news: My preference has changed. Originally had Roma as second choice and Bayern as third. Well now those two will flip flop. Bayern second, Roma third. This of course puts a whole new perspective on the draw :stuckup:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Anyone but Bayern Munich, still have nightmares about the 2005 disaster in Munich.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
You'd rather Barcelona Tunis?:eek: We've got our work cut out against all of them possibly not Panathinaikos if the team are firing but Bayern have some weakness. The goalkeeper Rensing is very suspect, the defence even though they are names are a bit dodgy Lucio and Demechelis, Van Bommel is old and slow and the players can run rings around him. Sure they are very dangerous offensively but this Bayern team concede goals. They would be favs of course but rather them than Roma who are improving, better league, been through the grinder in the CL in recent times, gained experience. Juventus are very strong and physical team. Don't like our chances at all against them and Barcelona just please no.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
You'd rather Barcelona Tunis?:eek: We've got our work cut out against all of them possibly not Panathinaikos if the team are firing but Bayern have some weakness. The goalkeeper Rensing is very suspect, the defence even though they are names are a bit dodgy Lucio and Demechelis, Van Bommel is old and slow and the players can run rings around him. Sure they are very dangerous offensively but this Bayern team concede goals. They would be favs of course but rather them than Roma who are improving, better league, been through the grinder in the CL in recent times, gained experience. Juventus are very strong and physical team. Don't like our chances at all against them and Barcelona just please no.
Honestly yes.

1. May force AW to grade the squad David Villa anyone.:D:D

2. Tend to do better against sides that are attack oriented

3. We'd be massive underdogs and that is when Arsenal is at it's best in Europe.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
none of them exactly frighten me, least of all Barcelona. :stuckup:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Bayern are attack orientated as well. Just not as good at it as Barcelona.
Still our record against Bayern is atrocious much rather face Roma, Barca, Inter etc than the lads from Munich.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Still our record against Bayern is atrocious much rather face Roma, Barca, Inter etc than the lads from Munich.
Bayern aren't even top of their own league. Come on. As entertaining as the Bundesliga is that's failure in that league. Anyway Panathinaikos it is then :)

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Barca will destroy us, underdogs or not.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Barca, Barca, Barca:D

Let's teach Henry a lesson:howler:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barca will destroy us, underdogs or not.
No, they won't. I'd love to see Messi vs Clichy, that would be one hell of a match-up. Sagna lately has been on fire also. I like our chances against them because our fullbacks are tip top and can sniff out their danger men. Just hope that we sign that combative DM we need in January and we'll be fine. Barcelona are great because they're used to keeping the ball all the time but they will not be able to do that against us.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Barcelona are great because they're used to keeping the ball all the time but they will not be able to do that against us.
No. Xavi, Iniesta, Hleb, Toure and Co. arent able to keep the ball against Cesc, Denilson, Diaby, Song or whatever...

We are superior in keeping the ball to every team out there, which doesnt mean that we beat them...

Anyway, i would like the matchup against arsenal but i wouldnt be surprised if EVEN Wenger is going to park the bus against us. It seems, that every team is doing it :)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
No. Xavi, Iniesta, Hleb, Toure and Co. arent able to keep the ball against Cesc, Denilson, Diaby, Song or whatever...

We are superior in keeping the ball to every team out there, which doesnt mean that we beat them...

Anyway, i would like the matchup against arsenal but i wouldnt be surprised if EVEN Wenger is going to park the bus against us. It seems, that every team is doing it :)
You're so clueless.

I didn't say you can't keep the ball against Arsenal, I said you wouldn't be able to have control 90% of the time like you do in all your other matches. Arsenal who are likely to be very sharp in this kind of big game would more than hold their own, it's not just Cesc, there is also Nasri, van Persie and Diaby who are fantastic at keeping the ball.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts