Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've heard discussions about Milan not having players left to 'pass the torch' or show the younger players what it means to be a member of the club. In light of Juve's past situation, I'm curious to see who you think is dedicated enough to their club, that they would stay with them if suddenly demoted to Serie B.

Here are my guesses:

Juventus
Buffon
Chiellini
Marchisio
(Giovinco)
(Bonucci)

Roma
Derossi
Totti
Taddei
(Florenzi)

Napoli
(Hamsik)
(Insigne)

Fiorentina
(Rossi)
(Gomez)
(Pasqual)

Inter
(Cambiasso)
(Milito)
(Samuel)

Milan
(Kaka)
(Bonera)
(Abbiati)

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
A lot of Milan players would stay with them in Serie B, because that's where they belong and no top flight club wants them anyway. They might even view it as a vacation.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought there may be some comments along these lines, or at least mentioning realistically who may benefit from a year in Serie B. But this got sidetracked quicker than I thought.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
kaka? lol he'd leave.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless you are a rube fan this appears to be quite meaningless to even think about.
I'm not a Juve fan, but as stated in the first post, I was trying to get some opinions to see if there is any real validity to the point some people make about Milan struggling because they don't have that older, established player to transition the younger talent into the club.

I was hoping to get a bit of a consensus and see if the clubs with these types of players are showing any better in the league table. Since basically nobody has responded with their own ideas, I'm left with what I started with, one person's useless opinion. Oh well.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
No one would stay at a club if they were demoted to Serie B, unless it was simply a temporary setback which they knew the club would bounce back from quickly. That's why a number of our stars stayed with us, they knew we'd back be and winning Scudetti in the long term.

Loyalty in difficult times does not really exist per se, especially not in the modern era. There's too much money involved now for a player now not to jump ship if such a thing occurred.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Fiorentina are not a wealthy club btw. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fiorentina are not a wealthy club btw. :)
Compared to most Serie A clubs they are. The Delle Valle's have the money, whether they choose to spend big on the club or not is a decision.

Based on market value for the squad, they are 5th.
Wage Bill (taken from June 2013), they are 7th.

I get this was a failed attempt at starting a thread, but there is no reason to attempt to pour salt on the wound :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts