Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody put together a top five list of the best DMs in the world 23 and under?

Mascherano, Fabregas, De Rossi, etc. anything else?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And another thread for you to provide minimal football discussion, Arianna.

Either help me out, or be gone.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've seen Mascherano few times and he looks pretty damn solid..(actually the only time i saw him going mad was against Kakà in the Argentina-Brazil match of few months ago)

De Rossi : i've seen him many times and calling him DM is an understatement..he can broke and build up, and pace, dribbling, vision and scores like a mad.definitely the most complete mid since many years in Italy

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Pedretti (Marseilles): if you haven't heard about him yet, you will soon...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
And another thread for you to provide minimal football discussion, Arianna.

Either help me out, or be gone.
She's right you know. :irritate:

·
Registered
869 Posts
hypno said:
Pedretti (Marseilles): if you haven't heard about him yet, you will soon...
is he supposed to be a playmaker? maybe i can be wrong, but for what i've seen he doesn't look a Dm properly

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
is he supposed to be a playmaker? maybe i can be wrong, but for what i've seen he doesn't look a Dm properly
He is a DM. When recuperating the ball, his crossings allows good counter-attacks.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
De rossi is the best in his generation
his move is simply soft and he has diversity passing

he also has unique scoring ability

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
cesc and most of the above are not defensive midfielders. Macherano is probably the best in this character, but if you are asking simply who is the best yonug midfielder, i think it would be fabregas

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Joey Barton has got the better of Patrick Vieira on every occasion he has played against him. His performance against Portsmouth was masterful. He is almost a clone of Gerrard, and only slightly less talented. He should be in the England squad, as he is superior to Butt, who is an embarassment.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
The Green One said:
Joey Barton has got the better of Patrick Vieira on every occasion he has played against him. His performance against Portsmouth was masterful. He is almost a clone of Gerrard, and only slightly less talented. He should be in the England squad, as he is superior to Butt, who is an embarassment.

~ The Green ;)ne
lol :wallbang:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Mago said:
Chris Obodo (Fiorentina), Luis Gonzalez (River Plate) and Wesley Sneijder (Ajax) are great, too.
The most underrated midfielder, no DM though, is Camel Meriem from Bordeaux. Anyone seen his debut for France? :eekani:
I'm not too shore about Sneijder as a DM...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hasuni said:
I'm not too shore about Sneijder as a DM...
Indeed more of attacking/controling midfielder than a defensive one.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts