Xtratime Community banner

Who are the best Romanian players at the moment?

  • Mutu and Chivu

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mutu, Chivu, Lobont

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mutu, Chivu, Pancu

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mutu, Chivu, Ganea

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Mutu, Chivu, Munteanu

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please specify

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
GloryHunter said:
Who are the best Romanian players at the moment?

Chose ONLY the ones you consider to be at the same level...
What made you put Munteanu in the list and not Contra or Radoi?

Lobont is pretty crap and I might even be able to take his place. :rolleyes: I say Mutu, Chivu and Ganea. Pancu hasn't been performing as well as he can recently and Munteanu is expiring quite fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
I would go for Mutu. He has been great so far in Chelsea. And not to forget Chivu too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Who are the best Romanian players at the moment?

Raven said:
What made you put Munteanu in the list and not Contra or Radoi?
That's why I also included the OTHERS option...

Contra is not doing well at the moment!... I did not feel he is at the same level as Mutu or Chivu!

Originally posted by Raven
Lobont is pretty crap
Lobont crap??

Right... :stuckup:
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Lobont is pretty crap and I might even be able to take his place.
:rolleyes: how much games of him have you seen?? I guess it will be 0...

Lobont is outstandig this year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
AmsterdamAmstel said:
:rolleyes: how much games of him have you seen?? I guess it will be 0...
I guess you are wrong! :tongue: I haven't seen any games this season but I saw both Milan and Arsenal legs last year in the CL and he played avarage. (apart from a couple of AMAZING saves in the 2nd Milan game.) I don't think he could get into a team like Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter... whilst Mutu, Chivu and :undecide: Ganea probably could. (maybe not Ganea...)
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Excuse me; but i rate Lobont higher than Chivu now (but Chivu is a few years younger...)
Chivu was making tóó much mistakes, Lobont is always a rock. Lobont has strong concurrence (Stekelenburg is rated as Hollands biggest keeperstalent, the new - and better Van Der Sar!) but he still is ajax nr 1 without a doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raven said:
I don't think he could get into a team like Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter... whilst Mutu, Chivu and :undecide: Ganea probably could. (maybe not Ganea...)
:D I was gonna laugh when I saw you mention Ganea, but then I decided not to when you said "may be not Ganea"...'cause there's no way Inter, Barca or ManU would ever sign Ganezu'...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,447 Posts
Lobont is a good keeper and he has done a great year 2003. He was fine in the past CL so I think you are not fair in your opinion, Raven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,447 Posts
Raven said:
I don't think he could get into a team like Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter...
Don´t forget that he is playing in Ajax ;) An historical club, but without the pressure of other European clubs I know ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
...I've probably upset any number of people already with my own swipes at some of the hallowed names on this cumbersome and rather dubious list. And so far I haven't even mentioned the merits - or otherwise – of Iker Casillas (Real's attacking style tends to keep the ball away from him but when their defence is under pressure it – and he – usually buckle); Cristian Chivu (great potential, as yet unrealised); Dida and Mutu (same applies); Pauleta, Deco, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Darko Kovacevic, Ludovic Giuly, Michel Salgado, Hatem Trabelsi, Roy Makaay and Michael Owen, good players all, but included just to make up the numbers with no realistic chance of winning this year...

SOURCE: "It's That Time Of Year Again..." SoccerAge

Do you guys think Chivu and Mutu haven't discovered their potential yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Raven said:


Do you guys think Chivu and Mutu haven't discovered their potential yet?
I think they probably have...Kinda hard to get better than this...
But what would save them a place in history is if they now maintain this level for 10 years or so...Then, one of them might even win World footballer of the year. However, we've all seen how hard it is to maintain this level of playing...:stress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
GloryHunter said:
I think they probably have...Kinda hard to get better than this...
At their age? For people like Munteanu and Ganea, yes it is hard to get better but Mutu and Chivu are very young still, and have about 5 years until they are at their peak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,447 Posts
Raven said:
And so far I haven't even mentioned the merits - or otherwise – of Iker Casillas (Real's attacking style tends to keep the ball away from him but when their defence is under pressure it – and he – usually buckle)
I don´t understand very well the sense of the expression. Is he complaining about Casillas??? :D He has saved more points for Real Madrid than Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Beckham and Roberto Carlos all together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
GICA said:
I don´t understand very well the sense of the expression. Is he complaining about Casillas??? :D He has saved more points for Real Madrid than Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Beckham and Roberto Carlos all together.
It is basically saying that Casillas has nothing to do, and when he does have something to do, he sin't very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,447 Posts
FüCk tHE pOliCe said:
It is basically saying that Casillas has nothing to do, and when he does have something to do, he sin't very good.
Then, now I´m sure that the guy hasn´t watched many games of Real Madrid...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top